It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• Dry eye after LASIK

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-06-2012, 10:53 AM   #1
    Rye
    (male)

Rye HB User
    Lightbulb Dry eye after LASIK

It has been three weeks since my mono LASIK ,and my eyes Are still real dry. Has anybody else had this problem? My vision is real good when I use my drops then starts going blurry . Thank you for any comments.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2012, 03:02 AM   #2
    immg
    (female)

immg HB User
    Re: Dry eye after LASIK

I think most (if not all) people who get LASIK done experience dry eye. It can last anywhere from several months to a few years (fun little fact that doctors conveniently forget to tell us).

Old 04-07-2012, 03:40 AM   #3
    jonathanh76
    Inactive
    (male)

jonathanh76 HB User

Yep, unfortunately it is very common. Dry eye syndrome is quite complicated as there is no universal solution that works for everyone. Have you tried treating your symptoms with more than eye drops?

It is often a good idea to start taking Omega-3 supplements. Expect a few months for effects to show. You should also try out different eye drops. There are so many on the market so it might be difficult to choose, but they can be divided into a few categories. Some just add excess fluid, others oil and then there are those that try to address deficiencies in the tear film. Depending on how your eyes respond you can test a few in these categories.

Make sure you eat healthy (leafy green vegt etc), drink plenty of water and exercise. As a long term sufferer of dry eye myself, I know that one wants immediate results, but it takes time to create change.

Best of luck with your treatment

Old 04-18-2012, 08:49 PM   #4
    Lifeinla77
    (male)

Lifeinla77 HB User

I had mine done a year and a half ago.

I do not go ANYWHERE without these eye drops -Systane Ultra High Performance. I use two small, 10ml bottles a week. I haven't tried other eye drops that worked very well, or at all. I also take 2-6 capsules of flax seed oil a day, this helps as well.

I must admit I did have dry eyes occasionally before the surgery, but they are FAR WORSE now then before.

I still don't regret though, but I do hope it goes away eventually....

Closed Thread