It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• Monovision Lasik

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-13-2013, 09:19 PM   #1
    helpbly
    (female)

helpbly HB User
    Monovision Lasik

I am 47 year old, been wearing contact lens to see far for over 20 years. I don't need reading glass. last week I decided to get lasik. My Dr suggested I get the monovision so I don't have to get reading glass later. Its only been 5 days since my surgery but I cant really see. From a scale 1 to 10, I give it 4. When I went back for my follow up, I was told to give it time and my brain will get use to. Is this normal? Am I making the right decision for the monovison even though I didn't need reading glass before anyway? If I need to reverse for far sight, how long do have to wait before it can be done again. Please help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2013, 10:30 AM   #2
    whiskeythekid
    (female)

whiskeythekid HB Userwhiskeythekid HB User
    Hi

My opinions
    1. If u didnt need reading glasses before lasik then u wont need them after unless you were overcorrected and became farsighted
    2. Almost everyone has near sight issues at first. Took me about 4 weeks to get back nearsight. At first just looking in the mirror felt like i was looking through a fish bowl

It will take awhile before you know how your vision will be and then you can decide if you dont want monovision either through more surgery or wear a contact lens on the undercorrected eye to bring it in line with the plano eye.

If it were me, i would not get more surgery if you are unhappy with one eye being nearsighted. Best to use a contact lens. Surgery has the same risks as the first time around

Whiskey

The Following User Says Thank You to whiskeythekid For This Useful Post:
    helpbly (11-14-2013)
    Closed Thread