It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• Lasik Ghosting with lights

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-14-2014, 12:12 PM   #1
    Darkyx
    (male)

Darkyx HB User
    Lasik Ghosting with lights

Hi,

This is my first post here, very sorry to be bothering.

I've had Lasik cirurgy and i've been experiencing double vision only on my right eye, this double vision only occurs when i look at lights or at the computer, not objects, unless they are shiny.

I'm a bit concerned because i didn't find much about this symptom and i was wondering if someone could tell me if it is kind of normal and if it will go away.

Thank you so much in advance for your attention, every observation is welcome!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2014, 05:38 AM   #2
    deerhuntingal
    (female)

deerhuntingal HB User
    Re: Lasik Ghosting with lights

You did not post how long ago you had Lasik. If recent, you still have a lot of healing so just keep using the artificial tears and visiting with your Dr. on a regular basis. I'm 2 months post op and the traffic lights are double from a distance. This started about 3 weeks post. I have 1 eye that is not clear. May need a touch up but I'm waiting 6-8 months before that decision is made.
    I have halos around the lights (everyone gets those to a point) but mine seem to be going away now. The star bursting from headlights is still there.
    My dryness is getting better too so time is really the essence here. Things change from month to month so do not jump to conclusions until 6 months out.
    Best of luck to you and post updates if you will.

Old 04-15-2014, 05:49 AM   #3
    Darkyx
    (male)

Darkyx HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by deerhuntingal View Post
    You did not post how long ago you had Lasik. If recent, you still have a lot of healing so just keep using the artificial tears and visiting with your Dr. on a regular basis. I'm 2 months post op and the traffic lights are double from a distance. This started about 3 weeks post. I have 1 eye that is not clear. May need a touch up but I'm waiting 6-8 months before that decision is made.
    I have halos around the lights (everyone gets those to a point) but mine seem to be going away now. The star bursting from headlights is still there.
    My dryness is getting better too so time is really the essence here. Things change from month to month so do not jump to conclusions until 6 months out.
    Best of luck to you and post updates if you will.
    Hi, First of all, thank you so much for responding.

I've had Lasik 11 days ago, yes, i'm taking my drops as my doctor prescribed, I'm just worried that this ghosting with the right eye won't go away, but I think it's because of the infection, since I've encountered one person that has been in the same situation.

I'll just try to get my eyes checked and see how it goes, I also notice the double vision with the car headlights, traffic lights, and on my computer, when I see a lid up object with a dark background.

Dryness is also getting better, I really hope this goes away, again, thank you so much for your help and I will post updates as soon as I can.

Old 04-15-2014, 05:59 AM   #4
    deerhuntingal
    (female)

deerhuntingal HB User

Yes, Any infections and stuff like that probably will effect the vision for awhile. I did not have any issues like that but the lights at night are still bothersome. Time is the factor so I hope for you and me, it will take care of itself. If not, I'll ask the Dr. more questions for sure ! They sure are not very forthcoming with the answers and I think it is because it is to early. Lets hope so! Good luck and try to keep positive! It is hard I know but do things you love to do and treat yourself to a nice pair of Wiley X sunglasses with the gasket in them to block the wind! I love mine!

Old 04-15-2014, 06:06 AM   #5
    Darkyx
    (male)

Darkyx HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by deerhuntingal View Post
    Yes, Any infections and stuff like that probably will effect the vision for awhile. I did not have any issues like that but the lights at night are still bothersome. Time is the factor so I hope for you and me, it will take care of itself. If not, I'll ask the Dr. more questions for sure ! They sure are not very forthcoming with the answers and I think it is because it is to early. Lets hope so! Good luck and try to keep positive! It is hard I know but do things you love to do and treat yourself to a nice pair of Wiley X sunglasses with the gasket in them to block the wind! I love mine!
    Yes, Anyway I'll try to get in touch with my Dr. as soon as possible, and I'm more and more confident that this problem will heal itself and I've also realized it's too soon to take conclusions, unlike I thought.

I'll try and get some glasses like that too, once again, thank you so much for your help!

Closed Thread