It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Leukemia Message Board

Worried I'm Dying Of Leukemia !!!

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-28-2016, 07:44 AM   #1
Carrie m35
(female)

Carrie m35 HB User
Worried I'm Dying Of Leukemia !!!

I've had the same Dr for over four years now. My white blood cell count has been high every time he's done blood work. Last visit was 14,000, which didnt surprise me. My count stays around that area, going up a little then back down. Last week he told me that I need to see a hematologist to rule out leukemia. I'm losing it. I really don't have symptoms except fatigue, which doesn't surprise me because I have fybermyalsia and four kids to chase around. I have panic disorder so this its making me crazy. I'm scared I'm going to die and not see my kids grow up. My appt is a month away. Someone please help!

Last edited by Carrie m35; 09-28-2016 at 07:54 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2016, 06:59 PM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Worried I'm Dying Of Leukemia !!!

All I can tell you is that a certain percentage of the poplulation runs high in WBC for no apparent reason. My husband's are higher than yours and for the 12 years we have been married, he has gotten blood work done 2x a year if not more often and it has never gotten lower.

We have seen 8 hematologists and oncologists, and no one has ever been able to find out what is going on...he has never been sick a day in his life unless it was a common cold.

I used to worry and make myself sick...now, we just shrug out shoulders. I have done a ton of research on this and have found that this is not as uncommon as it sounds...

There is hope that it is nothing. But, go see the doctor to be sure!

Sending you prayers of strength!

MSnik

Old 10-03-2016, 07:54 PM   #3
TexGirl86
(female)

TexGirl86 HB User

I just posted a thread about this... I've always had high cbcs if your CBC isn't all out of wack I wouldnt worry so much... Some of these Luekmias are chronic and take FOREVER to cause problems. And the meds they have now are amazing .... Just be ready for lots of apts and them trying to figure it out. At least your doctor sent you to a hematologist I've had high cbcs 19 since 2009 and I just saw one. But seriously this is the first time I've felt fear about it. Don't worry to much it only makes it worse.

Last edited by mod85; 10-04-2016 at 12:03 AM.

Old 10-17-2016, 06:24 AM   #4
GordofromAus
(male)

GordofromAus HB User

Hi, we do what we can right? there are so many things to improve blood/kidneys/ alkalinity. suggest consider to start with making some green juices, as meal replacement, celery is great for improving the blood, as is cucumber. Kale Is v high in Iron etc. take chlorophyll daily. Drink 3Litres of water daily, or ginger sliced thinly in 3 litres of water in saucepan, heat for 20 minutes and drink in lieu of just water. Its hard, but try to eat 1 to 2 cloves of v good quality garlic daily (raw) All this will increase quality of blood, or help improve quality of kidneys which in turn will do a better job of cleaning your blood (which is what it does). perhaps start there?

Old 10-17-2016, 06:35 AM   #5
GordofromAus
(male)

GordofromAus HB User

Hi Again,
just saying, most raw greens juiced have anti cancer attributes, such as celery, cucumber, and garlic is attributed to be able to fight some cancers; everything I mentioned above, search online to satisfy yourself before considering acting on it. Re Leukemia, contact Hyperbaric USA, and ask advice on their treatment on increasing cell blood counts, or if any proof of their treatments of decreasing risk of leukemia. ( It increases the amount of oxygen inside the body, which should decrease the risk of your body been prone to disease). need a lot of treatments, alternatively to buy a hyperbaric machine for your home may be as little as $10,000.

Last edited by mod85; 10-18-2016 at 02:04 AM.

Old 12-24-2016, 07:32 PM   #6
ZVL01
(female)

ZVL01 HB User

I am in a similar situation I just posted about. Any news on your end?

I have been suffering from frequent infections for the past 6 months and now my white cell count is high.

Old 10-11-2017, 06:08 PM   #7
AnnGella
(female)

AnnGella HB User

thank you for the encouraging post.. My husband is going thru this now ... his wbc is and has been high for the past 6 months as far as we knew, but when we saw the hematologist/oncologist learned that its been elevated since 2013 so its been up for the past 4 years.. He is going thru the test now.. im doing all the reading.. reading about your husbands wbc being high as well and not cancer, is helping me to feel better. Best of luck to both our hubbies..

Reply Reply

« Labs abnormal | - »