It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Leukemia Message Board

• WBC 14.6 no inflammation or infection

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-20-2017, 06:24 PM   #1
    Lashigirl
    (female)

Lashigirl HB User
    WBC 14.6 no inflammation or infection

Hi all, recently had blood work done with family doc due to pain in thighs. I'm thinking likely muscle/joint related. Anyhow surprisingly inflammation markers were low (ESR only 2, range is 2-30) and CRP was .5 (reference is <6). Thought for sure inflamed muscles or joints were the cause of the pain. I don't have any symptoms of viral or bacterial infection. I have had a couple of low grade fevers here and there with no apparent cause. WBC came back at 14.6 (range is 4.0-11.0 xE9/L) Doc called me saying he was referring me to Rheumatologist based on my symptoms and high WBC and low muscle enzyme (CK) result of 31 (range is 33-150). I'm wondering, in hindsight, why he wouldn't refer me to hematologist as a precaution while he was at it. My question is, anyone here ultimately diagnosed with Leukemia with elevated but not markedly high WBC? Shouldn't I be somewhat concerned about a WBC of 14.6 with no apparent inflammation or infection? As a side note, Neutrophils came back at 11.0 (2.0-7.5 xE9/L).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread