It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Leukemia Message Board

• Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS)

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-27-2021, 09:32 PM   #1
    po18guy
    (male)

po18guy HB User
    Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS)

I had 20q del MDS @23% blasts in my marrow, but it was reduced to minimum residual disease by a combination of Bendamustine, Etoposide and Carboplatin. Two other cancers were placed in complete response at the same time. I went on to undergo a haploidentical stem cell transplant and even then it took two years to eradicate the remainder. No sogn of any of the three cancers since then.

The point is that this is a little-known cancer, but is a precursor to Acute Myeloid Leukemia. Fortunately, mine did not progress. However, for MDS patients, in 2020 the FDA in the US and HealthCanada approved a new drug: INQOVI, which is an oral pill that is used against MDS as well as Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-approves-new-therapy-myelodysplastic-syndromes-mds-can-be-taken-home

Just something to discuss with doctor as a possible option.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply