It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Leukemia Message Board

• Possibility of leukemia?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-11-2006, 08:00 PM   #1
    KateLavertue
    (female)

KateLavertue HB User
    Possibility of leukemia?

I'm wondering if I possibly have leukemia, or something else... (see below)

I'm a 18 years old girl, and ...
    1- I have back pain (complete back... sometimes it's the top, sometimes it's the bottom..)
    2- My ankle hurts a lot (mostly the left ankle, but sometimes the right too). (and I sometimes feel that it's the bones that hurt)
    3- My left knee pretty much always hurt... I just try to ignore it.... and sometimes the right decides to hurt too. (like the ankle, I sometimes feel that it's the bones that hurt...)
    4- My shoulders hurt from time to time
    5- My wrists sometimes hurt.
    6- A lot of times I have shortness of breath. A lot of the times, just walking from one building to another at Uni, which is about 3-5 minutes, got me out of breath... lately, I had to take the elevator to go up, instead of taking the stairs, because I'm really too much out of breath.
    7- I sometimes have sharp pains in the chest when I breathe.... which makes it hard to breathe.
    8- Sometimes, rarely though, I get up, and I have to either sit back down, or hold on to something, because I'm dizy. But then, it passes after a couple of seconds.
    9- I'm way more tired than usually
    10- I sometimes have big headaches... but I don't take any pills of anykind, so I just last it... usually I try to sleep and it's gone when I wake up, but trying to sleep when you have a headache isn't really easy.
    11- I get nosebleeds (really bugging me!)
    12- I have menstrual irregularities... I used to have them about once a year... I haven't had them for about two years now.
    13- Although I don't have any temperature, I'm always hot... enough to put the a/c in the car, in winter, and we can see our breath...

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Catheryne

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2006, 09:50 AM   #2
    jectac
    Inactive
    (female)

jectac HB User
    Re: Possibility of leukemia?

If you are 18 and experiencing all of those syptoms, I would say that you should go to the doctors for a complete physical. Those are some of the signs of Leukemia, however the only way to tell is by a CBC.

Old 04-14-2006, 02:07 PM   #3
    INFJlady

INFJlady HB User

Also look into the possibility of lupus, fibromyalgia, or some other rheumatological disease. Such a thing would be more common than leukemia, I would think. A good rheumatologist would screen for AIDS and cancer too--mine did--they drew 7 tubes of blood from me!

Old 04-16-2006, 02:11 AM   #4
    ryu1977
    (male)

ryu1977 HB User

If you have those symptoms for long time it is almost impossible that you have Acute Leukemia. Acute Leukemia is rapid disease, since the beginning of symptoms until diagnose will not take more than 5-6 weeks.

Chronic Leukemia is very very rare among young people.

Old 04-17-2006, 07:00 AM   #5
    courtenaynt
    (female)

courtenaynt HB User

Chronic Leukemia is very rare in young people, but it does happen. I was 27 when I was diagnosed. It's more and more prevelant, so basically, just get a full check up/blood count done to rule all of it out.

Closed Thread