It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Leukemia Message Board

• leukemia in my 3 year old nephew

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-19-2008, 10:38 AM   #1
    Jennin
    (female)

Jennin HB User
    leukemia in my 3 year old nephew

my 3 year old nephew, Ian, has been having frequent pain in his groin area. Complaining that his penis is hurting all of the time, about every 4 days or so he will start screaming and saying it hurts. My sister took him to the doctor and he told them it was caused by all the yellow dye that is found in processed foods. so, they really watched what he was eating and eliminating all the foods with that color of dye in it. Now, they took him back to the doctor and the doctor said he doesn't know what is causing his pain, but it might be leukemia. Can you please give us your opinion.
    thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2008, 08:34 AM   #2
    Yvette D
    (female)

Yvette D HB User
    Re: leukemia in my 3 year old nephew

I am so sorry your nephew is going through that pain. That's horrible for a small child. But it's really disturbing that a physician would say it "might" be leukemia. Doctors are very hesitant to say what they think the possibilities could be and wait until all tests are done. I sure hope he is taken for a 2nd opinion. And hope he gets better very soon.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:54 AM   #3
    btsmommy
    (female)

btsmommy HB User

I agree with Yvette i can't believe a doctor would phrase something like that, I've never heard of such a thing, including the whole dye thing, bizarre, he needs to go to see a Pedi Hematology/Oncology doctor and then go from there, his mother will really need family and friends if he is in fact diagnosed my son was diagnosed almost 9 months ago he's almost 7 now and his father and I needed support, its a horrible thing to go through but you and your family will get through it, what ever it is that may be happening to your nephew, good luck

Old 11-11-2008, 01:54 AM   #4
    Seraph
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User

Did your doctor check him for a hernia? It is easy to miss in a little kid, as when he lies down it slips shut again; it is only bad when he is up and about. I think leukemia is a bit of a stretch at this point. He is not sick, is he? Good luck, Sera.

Old 11-11-2008, 01:03 PM   #5
    Worrybucket
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User

That was so irresponsible to make an assumtion for something as serious as leukaemia.

Take the child back to him or even another Doctor and have some bloods done, they will detect any blood abnormalities from that , then you will know where to go with this. Good luck. I hope all is good for him.

Closed Thread