It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Leukemia Message Board

• is this leukemia?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-14-2010, 12:43 AM   #1
    legs123051
    (female)

legs123051 HB User
    is this leukemia?

i had a blood test done by my cardiologist. when it came back ( i have a copy which i requested from lab corp) it showed some scary things which the cardio never mentioned . he was only concerned about my high cholesterol and triglycerides.
    The test showed the following:

Immature Granulocutes range 0-1 mine was 3 (high)

Also White blood cell count range 4.0 -10.5- mine was 4.1 but underneath is states:
    WBC deteriioration noted on the blood smear.
    Fibrin strands present results may be questionable?

My concern is the Immature granulocytes being so high. when i look up on internet it says it could mean infection which i know it isnt since my wbc is low, bleeding.. which i dont have... and cancer..

could this be leukemia?
    My platelet are in normal range

I took this report to my new primary dr and he didnt seem concerned He was more concerned about my anxiety and put me on zoloft which i took and it brought on a full blown panic attack while i was driving on the highway.

I have not been feeling well for months..

started with uncontrolled high bp and now i just feel terrible all the time.
    I wake up every night in the middle of the night feeling anxious and jittery and nauseas.

Please, if any can tell my what this immature granuloctes means and why it would be so high i would appreciate it.

I dont know where or who to turn to now?

thanks,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2010, 11:07 AM   #2
    Jan1956
    (female)

Jan1956 HB User
    Re: is this leukemia?

If I were you, I'd go ahead & make an appt with a Hematologist & either ask them to run some more invasive tests, or take these results with you & explain your concern, if you do not know one, I highly recommend that you ask around for friends & family to recommend one to you, because NOT all Dr's are the same. Trust Me... I know.
    I do have CLL - Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. I looked over my pathology reports & I could not find that word anywhere. but that's not really saying anything, all cancers have different test & results. I'm not saying I think you have Leukemia, I'm saying to keep your sanity & not give yourself ulcers, I'd see another Doc just to put your mind @ ease. It can't hurt. Good Luck to you....

Last edited by Jan1956; 08-18-2010 at 11:09 AM. Reason: complete

Closed Thread