It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Leukemia Message Board

• Scared...please help. Suffering great anxiety.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-16-2011, 12:53 PM   #1
    MovieGirl333
    (female)

MovieGirl333 HB User
    Question Scared...please help. Suffering great anxiety.

Hi everyone.

I am terrified that I might have leukiemia. I recently have had terrible pain in my right leg, going from my back and radiating down the front of my leg. I was given anti-inflammatories (and will go to a physical therapist) and shortly after I started them, I started bruising really easily. My doctor said that's not normal and took me off them. I'm currently having a blood count done, and I'm terrified because I have to wait the entire weekend AND Monday to get my results.

Additionally, I had a small patch of petechiae on my upper arm about two weeks ago. I'm currently feeling swelling at the base of my left ribcage, and I feel tired and achey. I'm not sure if these later symptoms are all in my head because I've been researching the leukemia symptoms things, but I am seriously going to have a panic attack over this weekend I'm afraid.

My weight has been normal and I have no enlarged lymphnodes. The bruising has stopped since I stopped taking the anti-inflammatories. I am just terrified and don't know if I could handle being sick.

Last edited by MovieGirl333; 06-16-2011 at 12:54 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread