It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board

• Liver test results

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-05-2015, 10:24 AM   #1
    wannaplay2
    (male)

wannaplay2 HB User
    Liver test results

Hello my name is James.I had a physical done a couple weeks ago.My results came back with a high ast,alt,ld levels.First time i ever had them come back.I am a 29 yr old white male 6'1" 204 pounds
    i have change nothing except for that i have been going to the gym a couple of months before my physical. So i'm a little worried if something maybe going on or if it was from the weight lifting i had been putting my body through.I am going to go back for another set of blood work and whatever else they or you suggest.I have eased from working out till i get to the bottom of this.I am still active just not weight lifting.Also would like to know of a supplement take i could take on a regular to help with liver functions. Thanks for reading James
    -----Levels of results ld 120-246 ul mine was 415hi u/l
    level of ast <34 mine was 126hi u/l
    level of alt 10-49 mine was 108hi u/l
    potassium 3.5-5.5 mine was 6.0hi

Last edited by wannaplay2; 10-05-2015 at 10:26 AM. Reason: adding

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2015, 09:50 PM   #2
    BillinSD
    Veteran
    (male)

BillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB User
    Re: Liver test results

Hi wanna; strenuous exercise can pop ld and AST high, but I haven't heard it affecting ALT. Mild to moderately elevated liver enzymes are common and all you need to do is recheck them at 90 days or so to determine whether are chronically elevated, trending higher or lower.

At your age, you liver and labs should bounce back swiftly, provided you take a little break from the power-lifting.

A supplement called SAM-e (S-adenosylmethionine) is the most potent liver tonic I've found. It's not cheap, but I find the 200mg tabs available online work just as well as the 400mg standard dose and I save some money this way. SAM-e is contraindicated if you're Bi-Polar or are on antidepressants, but otherwise if fairly benign and safe, especially at the 200mg dose.

Hope this pop in your enzymes was just a blip on the radar from your heavy lifting and you get good news with your next draw.

The Following User Says Thank You to BillinSD For This Useful Post:
    wannaplay2 (10-06-2015)
    Old 10-06-2015, 05:26 AM   #3
    wannaplay2
    (male)

wannaplay2 HB User

Thank you so much.I have been doing my research on this since this test.I have been seeing a lot about NAC and also this other can't think of it at the moment but something called liver function or something like that.Sorry,Will definitely look into the one you talked about.I'm going today to talk with my doctor today.She not the one who done the test.A clinic that i go to is the one who did this physical.I have one done once a year there.Well thanks for the reply ttyl....James

Old 10-08-2015, 09:41 AM   #4
    pbt140
    (male)

pbt140 HB Userpbt140 HB Userpbt140 HB Userpbt140 HB User

I know the results maybe alarming to you. However, as said, there are MANY reasons why your one test may be high. From medication to to a pulled muscle, it may be a problem if the results continue to be high over a period of time. I am sure your doctor did not act with expected surprise since these are not really abnormal for just one blood test.
    Relax and try to find out if something is making the results higher than they should.
    Good Luck

Closed Thread

Tags
    liver, result, scared, sick, test