It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board

• Enlarged liver/pancreatitis? MRCP findings

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-08-2017, 07:33 PM   #1
    johnsontm
    (female)

johnsontm HB User
    Enlarged liver/pancreatitis? MRCP findings

I would like to inquire if anyone had been diagnosed with symptomatic Riedel's lobe. Or misdiagnosed with Riedel's lobe and had some other issue going on. I have had pancreatitis in the past and thought this was occurring again. MRCP now shows "trace bilateral pleural effusions and a predominant right lobe, likely Riedel's lobe". Research shows this generally NOT to be symptomatic. I have significant pain, nausea, diarrhea when eating. I also feel as though something is quite swollen in my upper quadrant. It feels like my ribs are irritating it and my abdomen feels very "full". I am having a hard time finding any information in regards to this because it is so rare. I also wonder if it is misdiagnosed as the MRCP says "likely Riedel's". Has anyone had these symptoms with an enlarged right liver lobe? I also have biliary bile back up and no gallbladder. Just fyi. Also of note, I have lupus, sjogrens and RA.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2017, 07:38 AM   #2
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
    Re: Enlarged liver/pancreatitis? MRCP findings

Quote:
    Originally Posted by johnsontm View Post
    I would like to inquire if anyone had been diagnosed with symptomatic Riedel's lobe. Or misdiagnosed with Riedel's lobe and had some other issue going on. I have had pancreatitis in the past and thought this was occurring again. MRCP now shows "trace bilateral pleural effusions and a predominant right lobe, likely Riedel's lobe". Research shows this generally NOT to be symptomatic. I have significant pain, nausea, diarrhea when eating. I also feel as though something is quite swollen in my upper quadrant. It feels like my ribs are irritating it and my abdomen feels very "full". I am having a hard time finding any information in regards to this because it is so rare. I also wonder if it is misdiagnosed as the MRCP says "likely Riedel's". Has anyone had these symptoms with an enlarged right liver lobe? I also have biliary bile back up and no gallbladder. Just fyi. Also of note, I have lupus, sjogrens and RA.
    Riedels lobe is an anatomical variant that generally causes no symptoms. It's an elongation of the right lobe of liver made up of normal tissue. I would think your symptoms are from the bile back up (caused by?) or pancreas. Are either your liver or pancreatic enzymes elevated? Lupus can be associated with autoimmune hepatitis and pancreatitis, so it's important to know that. Spleen could be enlarged too causing the full feeling. Hope your Dr pursues the cause of your pain

Reply Reply

Tags
    liver, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, sjogren's