It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board

Ultrasound: “... consistent with hepatic steatosis.”

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-20-2018, 12:14 PM   #1
HolyPhoenix
(male)

HolyPhoenix HB User
Ultrasound: “... consistent with hepatic steatosis.”

Hello, everyone!

I had an ultrasound due to abdominal pain. The findings were normal except...

“Liver: There is diffuse increased liver parenchymal echogenicity, consistent with hepatic steatosis. The liver is normal in size and contour. No biliary ductal dilatation.”

This mean I have fatty liver?

If so, is this thing really reversible or not? I’m willing to cut back on the fats and add more veggies. (Already have been low carb so don’t have to make changes in that department.)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2018, 12:14 AM   #2
lilfrog4
(female)

lilfrog4 HB User
Re: Ultrasound: “... consistent with hepatic steatosis.”

Yes. Hepatic Steatosis is basically fatty liver. Non alcoholic fatty liver it is reversible. There are a few great books on the subject, but it really comes down to diet and exercise.

Old 03-06-2018, 09:57 AM   #3
HolyPhoenix
(male)

HolyPhoenix HB User

Thank you so much!

I’ve incorporated intermittent fasting and LOTS of greens into my diet. Basically 7 ounces a day of leafy greens.

Soon I will step up my work outs. I hope I can reverse this in a year.

Last edited by Administrator; 03-06-2018 at 10:20 AM.

Old 04-12-2018, 10:37 AM   #4
Oreve
(female)

Oreve HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyPhoenix View Post
Thank you so much!

I’ve incorporated intermittent fasting and LOTS of greens into my diet. Basically 7 ounces a day of leafy greens.

Soon I will step up my work outs. I hope I can reverse this in a year.

Hi!, I am in your same situation. I had an ultrasound 1 month ago. I am waiting to meet with a gastroenterologist. I started low carbs/intermittent fasting regimen. Lost about 10lbs. I was surprised to read you say you were on a low carb diet and still had fatty liver.
Any update on your side? Just curious.
Thanks

Old 04-13-2018, 07:12 AM   #5
HolyPhoenix
(male)

HolyPhoenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreve View Post
Hi!, I am in your same situation. I had an ultrasound 1 month ago. I am waiting to meet with a gastroenterologist. I started low carbs/intermittent fasting regimen. Lost about 10lbs. I was surprised to read you say you were on a low carb diet and still had fatty liver.
Any update on your side? Just curious.
Thanks
Hey!

Low carb is good BUT... it must be done right. What I mean is that you need 7-10 cups of leafy green veggies A DAY. Why? Because it will help the liver process the fat.

Now, to expand on the 7-10 cups, those cups aren’t like compacted cups of kale, spinach, and parsley. It’s like loosely filled cups. You want the potassium in those veggies. You DON’T want potassium from bananas cause they’re way too high in sugar.

I hope this helps.

Also... by doing this and working out you’ll be able to reverse it but it may take a couple of years.

Reply Reply