It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board

Liver Lesions (FNH)

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-07-2018, 08:21 AM   #1
Cathryn24
(female)

Cathryn24 HB User
Liver Lesions (FNH)

Hi
I suffer with Endometriosis and have also recently had cysts found and removed inside my bladder. During an admittance to hospital for pain not so long ago they found 2 lesions in my liver during an ultrasound. I was immediately re-scanned by someone else and within a week from that given a CT scan. I waited quite a while for the CT report to be completed but I now understand that they want to do an MRI.
After my bladder op last week the surgeon said he checked the system and read the liver scan report and he mentioned Focal Nodula Hyperplasia. I was groggy from the surgery so couldnít ask much.
My concern is though that I do get horrible pain on the right side under my ribs right where the lesions are. So if Iím symptomatic what will they do? I donít know how big they are as Iíve not really spoken to anyone about it yet as Iíve just been having all different types of scan. My GP could see on the system that it said although worrisome they are sure theyíre benign and it just says that Iíll get a date for an MRI.

Anyone whoís been through this Iíd love to speak to. Iím just worried as these lesions do seem to cause me pain. Iíd heard about the contraceptive pill being a cause of liver lesions. Iíve been on the pill since I was 15 & Iím now 35. The docs have me take it back to back with only a break every 6 months due to my Endometriosis. Iím worried that something Iíve been put on to sort one problem has now caused another! 😩

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2018, 04:10 AM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Liver Lesions (FNH)

Hi. First of all, relax. Focal Nodula Hyperplasia are benign tumors (Non Cancer)....and they don't usually cause symptoms. They do nothing because benign tumors need to treatment. They are NON cancerous.

Think of Focal Nodula Hyperplasia tumors as bruises on your liver. I have several of them myself, all found when I had a CT scan for my gallbladder.

They actually took my Gallbladder out and did a "look" at my liver while in there...nothing looked out of the ordinary and once my GB was out, everything was fine again.

Cysts HURT! In your bladder, in your Uterus...doesn't matter where, they hurt. And normally they rupture all by themselves and this too HURTS! But once they rupture, the fluid is reabsorbed by the body and then the pain stops. They may want to do an MRI just to be sure that nothing else is going on...only you can ask your doctor what the reason for the MRI is...but if you heard correctly and are worried about Focal Nodula Hyperplasia- that's nothing to be worried about.
Good luck. Let us know what happens!

Old 11-08-2018, 04:18 AM   #3
Cathryn24
(female)

Cathryn24 HB User
Re: Liver Lesions (FNH)

Thank you so much for your reply, Iíve had my letter in the post today from the consultant. He hasnít mentioned FNH but he says there are several shadows in my liver, whilst worrisome he does not think these represent anything nasty at the moment. They will be arranging an MRI though. So I guess Iíll just see what comes of the next scan.

Iím really unwell today and have a nasty UTI so on antibiotics now. Hopefully wonít wait long for the histology results on my bladder cysts. Thanks again for your reassuring words.xx

Reply Reply