It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board

• liver enzymes and lipids

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 02-23-2019, 08:34 PM   #1
    sspac
    (female)

sspac HB User
    Question liver enzymes and lipids

I have stumped the Dr. I lost some memory of a day. Global amnesia they say. While testing for stroke. my liver enzymes kept rising. 3 months ago they were 10. Now Feb 20- Feb 22: they were 198, then 296, then 302. Then the next day went down to 197, so they sent me home because they have no idea what is going on.
    He said they tried for three days to get an aluminium level test, but there are too many lipids in my blood to do the test.
    I am on cimzia and a few other drugs. What worries me is we have high blood pressure in family. Mother, 4 siblings, uncles, cousins. Mother died at 67. Brother first massive heart attack at 38. Uncle and his son both have had triple bypass. His brother, another cousin died at 18. In the hospital I was on the stroke floor for 5 days. They said I was hard to figure out so they sent me home. Test again Tuesday.
    Just wondering what this all means.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2019, 01:15 AM   #2
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Re: liver enzymes and lipids

Dear sspac,

It appears your liver has been working overtime. I'm sure there is a reason. I am so sorry you are going through this scary ordeal, esp. with no sense of direction of what to do.

I suggest that you do a word search of 'liver enzymes' on the Mayo clinic website, and also read about all of the drugs and substances, prescription or otherwise, that you take or use, on www.drugs.com Prescription drugs included. It is important that we know what we are putting in or on our bodies, orally or on our skin or what we breathe.

That research just may spark some ideas of what is going on with you. Also, hon, if you can, get checked out by other doctors and medical groups. No one person always has all the answers.

Also check your diet and list what you have been exposed to. Some toxin(s) seems to have increased your liver enzymes. Maybe also consider what you ate or drank or were exposed to during the days when your enzymes rose.

Be sure to not stop any prescription suddenly. Some for safety must be slowly weaned from. Whatever you discover, do talk it over with an older and well practiced doctor before you decide what to do, if anything. Let us know what you discover and how you are doing.

Reply Reply