It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board

• Bile in urine for 2 weeks now.

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-11-2019, 11:53 PM   #1
    pattycakesrich
    (female)

pattycakesrich HB User
    Bile in urine for 2 weeks now.

Long time sufferer of unrelenting nausea and chronic pancreatitis here.

They have never found a concrete reason for the pancreatitis, ive had about 10 flare ups in my adult life and they've always been fairly mild, so Drs have just wrote them up as caused by stomach irritations...viruses, etc.

I thought I was having a similar flare up. I have felt revolting for a fortnight now, more than the general nausea. I've had pains in my back and I've barely been able to walk, assumed it was just another virus I'm prone to get from low immunity. No abnormal BM's...just heaps of them. Bloating is also an issue at this point. No fevers.

At a clinic they did a quick physical examination, didn't seem phased. Urine strip showed strong positive for bilirubin. They weren't concerned and said it was probably a one off, wrote me a script for nausea and set me on my way. Today the urine result was still the same, and again they weren't concerned.

Could it be linked to my current miserable state? or is it just one of those things ?

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2019, 05:19 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Bile in urine for 2 weeks now.

Have you had your gallbladder checked? You have all the same symptoms I had before my gallbladder failed me... surgery and having it removed, before it ruptured was the answer for me and my symptoms completely dissappeared.

Go see a GI or Gastroenterologist and ask to have a HIDA test done..find out if your GB is functioning properly. Im willing to bet it is not.

Old 12-13-2019, 07:54 AM   #3
    EAB
    (male)

EAB HB User
    Re: Bile in urine for 2 weeks now.

I weedeat allot. My right side for years would ache all the time, sort of like what you might think if you had an aching liver or something. Finally went to the Doc. Got an ultrasound and out goes the gallbladder. Months later I go back to the surgeon and was assured the pain wasn't from my gallbladder being taken out. Go back to my regular Doc and she starts pushing around on my back, right side, about even with my shoulder blade, next to my spine. When she hit the spot I yelped!! She said I have a knot/spasm going on and I needed it worked out. She wouldn't do it cause that isn't their thing.

So what ever she did seemed to bring some relief. So what was happening was, I weedeat like a fool and it was causing a spasm on my right side mid back and it will make you feel like you were lightly punched in the back and felt like it went through to the front, hence the reason I though I had a liver issue. And I like my liquor to ;-) So in the end, I have relentless spasms and unless someone works it out for me or I can even push my back up against a wall corner and rub over it for a few.....and it's painful, it will give me some relief. Kind of a messed up thing I have and IMO lost my gallbladder over it to. So beware of rib cage pain, it may be a muscle spasm in you back which pulls on the whole ribcage and may feel like your liver is sore.

Reply Reply