It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board

• Jaundice with stage 4 rectal cancer, still no answer after a week.

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-15-2021, 01:01 PM   #1
    Ritaroz

Ritaroz HB User
    Jaundice with stage 4 rectal cancer, still no answer after a week.

My father was diagnosed with stage 4 rectal cancer March 2017. He received Folfox with Avestin and had great response. He received Folfiri with Avestin until June 2019, at which time the oncologist said that my father's CEA was 218. The CT scan showed that his cancer spread. We had to ask for the CT, since it was already 7 months. He put my father back on Folfox, but he went into anaphylaxis. He started on 5FU with Avestin, and his CEA went down to 4.7. I moved my father to a different oncologist, since I felt there was some negligence before his last treatment. The new oncologist stopped treatment for 2 months for biopsies an more tests. The PET scan showed small lesions which they were going to treat with spot treatments. In April my father got Covid, and he survived it. He is now becoming stronger. Last week he looked jaundiced. I took him to the ER, he was sent home after a CT with IV contrast since they couldn't find a blockage. The ER doctor told us that the oncologist wants to see us as soon as possible. Yesterday, the oncologist told us that he doesn't know why he has jaundice. He sent us to my father's GI doctor, where we have an appointment tomorrow. It's been a week since he has jaundice. It's hard to be able schedule for these appointments since there is always a wait. I still have no answers.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply