It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board

• NASH Treatment????

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-25-2003, 05:50 AM   #1
    sskbry

sskbry HB User
    Red face NASH Treatment????

I am 29 and was diagnosed with NASH 4 months ago. I was told there is no current treatment available, and that I should just watch my diet.

I have searched the Internet, and found some “herbal treatments” for a fatty liver and NASH.
    Has anyone tried these? And is there anything out there that can reverse/help NASH???? I just find it hard to believe that there is no medication for NASH, with the technology we have today.

Thanks,
    Sskbry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2003, 10:14 AM   #2
    projapoti
    Inactive

projapoti HB User
    Re: NASH Treatment????

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sskbry
    I am 29 and was diagnosed with NASH 4 months ago. I was told there is no current treatment available, and that I should just watch my diet.

I have searched the Internet, and found some “herbal treatments” for a fatty liver and NASH.
    Has anyone tried these? And is there anything out there that can reverse/help NASH???? I just find it hard to believe that there is no medication for NASH, with the technology we have today.

Thanks,
    Sskbry
    Hey Sskbry...I know how you feel. I have a question for you....are you overweight or someone who has high cholesterol?

Old 11-25-2003, 10:40 AM   #3
    sskbry

sskbry HB User
    Red face Re: NASH Treatment????

Quote:
    Originally Posted by projapoti
    Hey Sskbry...I know how you feel. I have a question for you....are you overweight or someone who has high cholesterol?
    I am about 10 lbs over weight, but my cholesterol level is good (170), I just got done with an extensive physical.

Old 11-25-2003, 09:17 PM   #4
    projapoti
    Inactive

projapoti HB User

Quote:
    I am about 10 lbs over weight, but my cholesterol level is good (170), I just got done with an extensive physical.
    The biggest risk factors for NASH are obesity (which can also include just being overweight...you don't have to be 400 pounds), diabetes, high cholesterol, high fatty food intake, family history of NASH etc. etc.

One thing that will be HUGE for you is to try to return to your ideal weight...even if that is only 10 lbs less than what you are. Unfortunately, as hard as it is to believe, NASH isn't treatable and all you can really do is slow down its process.

Old 11-27-2003, 06:12 AM   #5
    MichaelNYC

MichaelNYC HB User

Quote:

Thanks,
    Sskbry
    There's no magic pill for your disorder but there's much you can do to improve your situation. Review the messages below that pertain to your situation and review the responses that have valuable information. This is what I did. It will probably take you and hour or two and you'll be well on your way to achiving a healthy liver. I posted several responses in the last week on what I'm doing. Rather than repeat it all review the messages. Also, using a search engine type in the words: Fatty Liver.

Closed Thread