It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board

• Feet Tingle, Muscle Cramps etc from Alcohol Consumption

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-23-2004, 07:04 AM   #1
    beads8

beads8 HB User
    Feet Tingle, Muscle Cramps etc from Alcohol Consumption

I used to drink pretty heavy for 20 years until a couple of years ago when my liver enzyme test was high. My recent test showed AST and ALT in the normal range. My question is that now when I drink just 2-3 beers I wake up at night with tingling in my hands and cramping in my calves and feet. My stomach feels gurgly for the next couple of days. Has anyone had similar symptons. Could it be liver related?
    Thanks

Last edited by beads8; 05-23-2004 at 07:04 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2005, 07:38 AM   #2
    ldyhwk
    (female)

ldyhwk HB User
    Re: Feet Tingle, Muscle Cramps etc from Alcohol Consumption

I don't know the answer to your question but that is why I came to this site. I know someone who drinks heavily and they have severe muscle cramps, I believe that they are related. I wondered if I could find some info on this. If anyone has any knowledge on this subject please let me know.

Old 06-10-2005, 06:28 PM   #3
    TheHappyMan
    Veteran
    (male)

TheHappyMan HB UserTheHappyMan HB User
    Re: Feet Tingle, Muscle Cramps etc from Alcohol Consumption

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ldyhwk
    I don't know the answer to your question but that is why I came to this site. I know someone who drinks heavily and they have severe muscle cramps, I believe that they are related. I wondered if I could find some info on this. If anyone has any knowledge on this subject please let me know.

No one seems to know the exact cause of muscle cramps, but some believe that muscle cramps occur because of low calcium or potassium in the blood. Others have said that lack of proper fluids, resulting in a mild case of dehydration can cause muscles to cramp. Some have even said that not getting enough blood circulation can cause cramping.

Alcohol can result in vitamin deficiencies and dehydration but almost anything could be causing the cramps....

Closed Thread