It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board

• what is wrong with me?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-17-2006, 07:47 PM   #1
    nicknamefij
    (male)

nicknamefij HB User
    what is wrong with me?

To start, i am a 21 year old MAle. 170 and 5'10 so im not overweight, overall rather healthy. I'm waiting for a Ultra Sound to come back, but I am going crazy trying to figure out what is wrong. About 3 months ago I started getting piercing (like someone pinching or pull hair) spots in my outer chest for about 2 weeks. after there, I started to notice stomach pain in the middle of my stomach, pretty much right below the bone that connects the lungs together. (make sense?) anyways, the pain shifts from not really a pain, but more of a discomfort, almost like sore muslces or tighten muslces, from the middle of my uppder abdomenal, to the edge of my ribcage, changing from left, to right, always random. Doesnt seem to be affected when I eat, and I've tried chagning my diet and saw no results. I went to the doctor twice, the first time he told me it was stress, and the second time he told me it was stress but to take a blood test. So i took the blood test and was told i had a large stomach enzyme count (never got to ask which enzyme). So I was sent to an ultrasound, where i noticed the paper said to check the liver and gallbladder. it also said LFT - (something scribble that started with a C I'm pretty sure ). so now I have started to get random headaches, that sometimes last all day, and sometimes last 10 minutes. the headaches range from temple, to the very front of my forehead, kinda like a burning sensation. on top of that, i've noticed i CANNOT STOP BURPING. non stop all day. I've even noticed that sometimes when i burp, i burp up food. in fact most of the time thats the case. i've noticed an increase in pulse sometimes, and a tightness in the chest. nothing extremely painful tho, just discomorftable. also noticed that i always feel like my throat is blocked. i function fine, and it doesnt hurt me enough to not do things. I find when i keep my mind busy it obviosuly doesnt occur as much, but i can still feel the discomfort. I've also began to empty my stool very often now. not diareha, but 3 times a days, sometimes 4. its solid but organgey in color. (thats always fun to describe)

here are some of my habits:

smoker (3 years - 1 pack/3-4days)
    8-12 hour sitting periods for work
    drinking ( 3/7 days of the week, never exceeding more than 9 drinks. im a cheap drunk, so i dont drink a lot)
    i do smoke marijana 3/week, not much
    i eat fairly well, lots of chicken, a decent amount of vegies , beef. order out maybe 3-5 meals of the week.

if i missed anything please let me know. i should have my results by thursday, and i will let u all know. i also would like to say that i can't physically feel any lumps or bumps. it does however feel good sometimes to rub near the middle of the stomach. after some rubbing, u can hear the stomach making adigestive nosies, and definitley reliefs the belching.

i found this in another form and it explains the pain very well
    Quote:
    "Hello ,
    I can see that sometimes it is difficult to express the condition / sensation clearly . I saw the following from another thread :"the pain feels like a strange sort of pressure from the inside - like something is trying to push its way out of my abdomen because there is not enough space for everything to fit " , OR "not in any particular pain, it's more of a troubling -pressure on the inside- sensation" from another member 's reply , AND another "basically internal 'crowding ' pressure sensation 3-4 ribs up from the lowest rib. Maybe an inch below the heart, and on both sides. Almost want to believe that it's due to bad posture but I dunno ....."

Last edited by nicknamefij; 01-19-2006 at 12:17 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2006, 07:54 PM   #2
    nicknamefij
    (male)

nicknamefij HB User
    Re: what is wrong with me?

i would like to add that sometimes when the stomach pains occure i almost have a panic attack. i get a weird feeling in my stomach that makes me pain, but feel no real pain.

Old 01-17-2006, 08:12 PM   #3
    nicknamefij
    (male)

nicknamefij HB User

one more thing i'd like to add is the fact that maybe 3-5 times in the past 3 months i've had the chills when i get the panic attack or anxiety from the weird feeling in my stomach. i get so cold and no matter how warm i try to get i cant get rid of the cold feeling. after some time it will stop (say 30-45 minutes)

Old 01-18-2006, 09:17 AM   #4
    happyelf
    Veteran
    (female)

happyelf HB User

Hi Nicknamefij--it almost sounds like this is gastrointestinal. It's good the U/S is checking the gallbladder--it sounds to me like that's involved. It's usually standard for them to run LFT (liver function) on blood work and also the liver itself when doing an U/S--I think they're covering all the bases. I thought I was having a heartattack...it was a gallbladder packed with stones. I must have had symptoms for abt 3 yrs ahead of time but didn't put it all together. By that time I felt like I literally had a bag of rocks in my side that moved every time I ate anything!! Gallstones will elevate your liver enzymes as will any meds, alcohol (and weed) you take. Do you take any meds on a reg basis/daily? Do you take any meds when you get the headaches? I know this is scary-but hopefully you'll have some answers tomorrow. Hang in there and let us know how you're doing!! H/elf

Old 01-18-2006, 09:51 AM   #5
    nicknamefij
    (male)

nicknamefij HB User

thanks for the information! it's greatly appriciated. since the first intial pains, and speaking to a doctor, the anxiety for this has decreased immensly, i guess my brain was just over working the different possibilities. i too thought i was having heart problems. the pain is never severe, most of the soreness being the edge of the ribcage, just feeling very tender.

I would imagine that if i had a bad case of gallstones it would hurt a lot more, correct? because im not in a lot of pain it makes me a little more confident that i can clear the problem through liver/gallbladder cleansing. have you ever tried this? did you get your gallbladder removed?

I have noticed that when i do physical activity such as jogging or walking, the discomfort is lessened. I am also concerned that it may have to do with sitting all day and putting pressure on my inner workings. the pain started around the same time i started the office job, go figure. i don't eat poorly, but could eat better, but as i said, food doesnt seem to effect it.

what would explain all the burping, and sometimes regurgitating some food. im never vomitting or feel like vomitting ( unless im grossed out by the food and the taste that is regurgitated, which i would imagine is normal. horrible taste when food comes back out). I will post tomorrow when they give me results. I will also ask which enzyme was increased.

any tips from anyone experiencing this discomfort would be great.

on another note, i take no other medications, have no allergies that i know of, and if a headache arises i usually tough it out and avoid taking any pain killers. like i said, its not enough pain to make me in agony, its just very annoying. i have noticed that i can feel my pulse in the area, but then again its an area that is realtivley close to the heart. it's been so hard to find people with what i am experiencing. when i first got this discomfort i looked up my symptoms and all i kept reading was "you have cancer! your going to die" which is why i probably started getting the anxiety attacks.

thank u so much

Old 01-18-2006, 10:04 AM   #6
    inyourdreams
    Veteran

inyourdreams HB User

It's me--the liver flusher pusher

I had what you have, about 12 years ago. I burped all day long and sometimes I felt like I needed to burp and nothing would come up, I would have to force air to get it to release. I also noticed my heartbeat skipping beats too until I released that air. Food came up (sometimes through my nose when I'd bend over)...yeah, ewe.

That's when all my anxiety and panic started---and it was definitely related to my stomach somehow. Do you know what I was told I had--after MANY Drs and a digestive disease center?? I had ulcers in my esophagus and a hiatal hernia. I was given ....ahhh my mind has slipped --- it's the stuff that is now called Nexium...but the drug it used to be called. AH! It just hit me---Prevacid. I took that for about a year---and I've felt better ever since.

Now....I also was diagnosed with my fatty liver at the time so that had my hormones all out of whack...therefore that might have had something to do with my anxiety and rapid pulse, etc. So I just watched my diet very carefully---less bad carbs, no fake sugars, etc. Got my cholesterol down and triglycerides and all of those other symptoms just seemed to disappear.

Ok--so you knew I was gonna mention this----but you could liver flush if they happen to tell you it's your gallbladder and it needs to come out. The only way I'd ever have mine out is if it's infected and is going to burst at anytime. Otherwise a flush is just going to take out all of those stones (which is what the Drs are doing by cutting that organ out of you).

Just a thought....good luck. Let us know what happens with your results

Old 01-18-2006, 10:20 AM   #7
    nicknamefij
    (male)

nicknamefij HB User

thanks again!

any idea why the edge of my ribs would hurt? i don't understand the tenderness in the ribs. the only reason i can think would be that the inner workings are beeing pushed against the bones?!?!

i will try prevacid, is there any thing i should know about the drug? side effects? etC?

Old 01-18-2006, 10:29 AM   #8
    inyourdreams
    Veteran

inyourdreams HB User

Hmmm, I wouldn't necessarily go out and buy Prevacid until you hear what's wrong from your Dr. Back when I took Prevacid it wasn't over the counter (I believe it is now, right?), so he had ordered that for me. And possibly there's something bigger and better out there for you now. And maybe your symptoms aren't exactly the same as mine were...so I'd just wait if I were you
    Oh, and I didn't have any problems taking it, just in case that's what they order for you. With any drug, there's always side effects.

I had rib pain too--and yes, I believe it was just from the pressure of the enlarged liver pushing against it. Boy, I don't miss those days AT ALL. I sure hope you get to feeling better. One thing out of that whole mess that I don't miss is the panic attacks. Those things SUCK!!! and once you have one you panic over having more panic.

Old 01-18-2006, 10:32 AM   #9
    nicknamefij
    (male)

nicknamefij HB User

ok, thank you again. im just very relived that others have experienced this.

have u heard of much about a herbal cleansing?

Black Walnut Hull Tincture Extra Strength Dose
    Wormwood Capsule Dose (200-300mg)
    Clove Capsule Dose (500mg)

It's Dr. Hulda Clark, i found a website where they have taken 5 different cleansing peices out of his book.

The Cleanses (5)

1. Parasite Cleanse
    2. Tapeworms, Ascaris Cleanse
    3. Bowel Cleanse
    4. Kidney Cleanse
    5. Liver Cleanse

i just want to know that if i do this, can i hurt myself in anyway?

Old 01-18-2006, 10:48 AM   #10
    inyourdreams
    Veteran

inyourdreams HB User

You hit the nail on the head--good job on searching

Hers is the flush that I did. You don't have to parasite cleanse first. I did no other flush first, just the liver flush. Many others on the forum I visit have not done those other flushes first either.

I have not read one horror story about flushing yet. There is always that first time, BUT wouldn't you rather take the chance in curing yourself than having to go under the knife for a surgery that you really don't need in the first place?

The only things I have read are that some people have a tinge of pain for a few days after and they panic because they think something is wrong. All you have to do is take one more shot of Epsom Salts to open those ducts up and it will relieve any stones that might be lodged in there. I've done two and am going to do my third one this weekend and I've never had any problems as far as that goes. My full feeling liver no longer felt full. The twinges of pain I had, were gone. And I won't even go into detail as to what was left in the potty...

My only problem was becoming dehydrated because it says do not drink after 2 pm. So I didn't. By the next morning I felt like I had the flu and that was because I didn't drink water AT ALL. So the next time I drank water during the entire flush and felt fine.

The flush is a very important thing---it can change your mood--sometimes good, sometimes bad. If you continue to search about them, you'll find that your liver holds a lot of emotions--good and bad. It really is an amazing organ (I know, you thought it was your penis, huh) HA HA, I just said penis!! Sorry, it just made me laugh out loud--had to share that with ya.

That mixture that you posted is for parasite cleansing only. That's not for liver flushing. Her liver recipe is on her site---but remember, there are others out there too that you might like better. But the majority of the people I know do hers.

Whatever you do---just WAIT until you get your results back please, ok? I don't want to lead you down the wrong path in case there might be something really majorly wrong with your health right now.

Old 01-18-2006, 10:54 AM   #11
    nicknamefij
    (male)

nicknamefij HB User

awsome! thank you very much.

well i'm sure hoping there is nothing wrong, as i still feel fine. no illness is accompanied with the discomfort. doesnt hurt when u push in on my stomach, no lumps, etc. no vomitting, no incredible pain. i would just imagine that i would be in a LOT more pain if something was majorly wrong.

but thanks again, this has helped my mind so much. I'll post tomorrow!

Old 01-18-2006, 11:09 AM   #12
    nicknamefij
    (male)

nicknamefij HB User

is there certain foods that i should avoid right now until i get my results?

Old 01-18-2006, 11:29 AM   #13
    inyourdreams
    Veteran

inyourdreams HB User

Glad you feel a little better---wish I had the net back when I was having all of my problems cause I felt like I was the only person in the world with it.

If it is your gallbladder, I'd stay away from fried, fatty foods. If it's your liver that's enlarged, I'd stay away from processed foods, sugars and fake sugars.

Yep, please post back! I'm interested to hear what they tell you.. Take care

Old 01-18-2006, 12:29 PM   #14
    nicknamefij
    (male)

nicknamefij HB User

i stopped in at safeway today, and couldnt find the salts. what section would these ingredients be in? here are the ingredient i've read tthat i need to get

Epsom salts 4 tablespoons
    Olive oil 1/2 (half) cup (light olive oil is easier to get down), and for best results, ozonate it for 20 minutes. Add 2 drops HCl.
    Fresh pink grapefruit 1 large or 2 small, enough to squeeze 2/3 cup juice. Hot wash twice first and dry each time.
    Ornithine 4 to 8, to be sure you can sleep. Donąt skip this or you may have the worst night of your life!
    Large plastic straw To help drink potion.

Pint jar with lid

Black Walnut Tincture, any strength 10 to 20 drops, to kill parasites coming from the liver.

and i WILL wait untill i find out the results, i just wanted to pick them up now, seeing as i was close to safeway

Old 01-18-2006, 01:33 PM   #15
    inyourdreams
    Veteran

inyourdreams HB User

The salts should be in a little (or you can get big--but little is fine) paper carton (like a milk carton) and it should say somewhere that it can be taken internally as a laxative. P.S. WARNING---this stuff is NASTY! but I'll give you some hints as to how to get it down.

It should be found near the laxatives I would think. If you have a CVS nearby I know they carry it and it's cheap, like $1.49 or something.

The olive oil should be extra virgin, but I've taken it with the cheap stuff that just says olive oil and that worked ok too. It's nasty too, but not near as bad as the ES---but I'll help you with that department also.

Don't worry about the HCI.

I use fresh grapefruit---I buy 3 or 4 just in case you can't squeeze anything substantial out of them. Plus they're always good to eat the day of the flush when you're not allowed anything else but fruit (remember only NON FAT foods the morning before the flush starts).

Don't worry about the Ornithine either. I took Melatonin the first flush and I didn't sleep well. The second time I searched all over God's earth to find Ornithine and it didn't make me sleep well either. I think the night that you drink the olive oil you're just not gonna sleep well, bottom line. So be ready for that. Although----some people sleep great. All depends on how anxious you are and how much you can make yourself relax.

I did use the glass jar to store the ES mixture and the Olive oil/GJ mixture. Plus it makes it easy to shake the ingredients.

Didn't use the black walnut either. Like I said before, a lot of people don't worry about that stuff and it's really not dire that you use it.

First---find my old post about the recipe of flushing on here---it explains it step by step. BUT...here's some things that I've found really help me with flushing:

1. When you take the Epsom Salt Water mixture--you know, the 4T to the 3 cups---substitute about 1 cup of fresh squeezed grapefruit juice (another reason I buy those extra ones) instead of it being all 3 cups of water. It makes it go down easier (if there is such a thing).

How I take mine is hold my nose and chug it and before I breath again and take my fingers off my nose I bite on a lemon wedge. The salts don't taste salty they taste BITTER as all get out. It's really a nasty thing, but if you want to do this and feel better, you'll do whatever it takes.

2. Next--when you mix the Olive oil and grapefruit juice put the juice into the jar first, and then slowly pour the oil into the center of the juice and then shake it until it blends together. It should be sorta creamy. Use a straw to get this stuff down and drink it fast----within 5 minutes. After you drink it IMMEDIATELY lay down on your back and don't move for 20 minutes. Then roll to your right side and sleep that way during the night.

You can also use a colander to collect the stones instead of fishing around in the potty---if that's something you're into to see what they look like. They might be brown, tan, black, green. You might get sludge--which is what I got the first time. The second time I flushed I got about 200 stones out and no sludge.

3. Eat apples or apple juice/cider everyday for about a week before the flush. These contain malic acid which softens the stones so they don't get lodged.

4. Eat NO FAT the morning of the flush---eat fruits, veggies, juice, plain potato, rice, etc. Very important or you might feel nauseated in the evening.

5. And don't forget to keep yourself hydrated. If you wake up the next morning and feel kinda woozy, dizzy, etc. your electrolytes are probably low (because you're gonna be having butt pee for a long time)----drink drink drink. I even buy some Gatorade for a quick fix if I'm feeling really low. There's something called Emergen-C that is an electrolyte balancer. I just use Gatorade though in a pinch. But if you drink water throughout you shouldn't feel dehydrated.

Hmmm, I think that's about it for now----like I said go back and reread my recipe and let me know if you have any questions.

Talk to you later..

Closed Thread