It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board

• liver enzymes elevated--Questions

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-31-2006, 08:08 AM   #16
    nobodytotalkto
    (female)

nobodytotalkto HB User
    Re: liver enzymes elevated--Questions

Tell your sister good luck. I have a very sensitive stomach, but yet vomitting is rare for me. I just feel like I'm going to a lot.

Like I said, this is no picnic but it works. If she starts to have problems drinking anything, tell her to just go slow. I find it easier to not gulp, as some people suggest. For me, I like to sip (with a straw as far back in my mouth as possible) until I HAVE to stop. Put candy in my mouth for a minute or two and then try again. It also helps if you have music on or watch a movie as you drink because it "sort of" gets your mind off of what you are doing. I do not recommend doing it with nothing going on around you. But have a bucket or trash can on hand...just in case you upchuck. Please stress to your sister to do this on a night and day where she has nothing to do and can stay close to a bathroom. I honestly think the worst hours of having to "go" are between 7pm and 11 am. After that, it is pretty much out of your system and you can go on with your life. Anyways, let me know how she does and also what you decide. If you choose to do a store bought one, please write and tell me all about how it is supposed to be done and if you start having results. Because even though I know this one really works, I am always searching for something that can be alot easier to swallow. Take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2006, 08:12 AM   #17
    nobodytotalkto
    (female)

nobodytotalkto HB User
    Re: liver enzymes elevated--Questions

I forgot to mention, next time I just may try the ES with Welshes Grape juice. I was going to this time but chickened out because I know you aren't supposed to have added sugar and that the acid in grapefruit juice is supposed to do something. Anyways, I figure if I can't swallow all the mixture anyways, then it isn't working as well as it should be. Plus this last time, I used bottled (not fresh) grapefruit juice and it tasted a little bit better and still worked although I am sure that it had added sugar. If it doesn't work, then at least I didn't go through all the torture of the nasty stuff. But we will see.

Closed Thread