It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board

• Livercare (Liv.52): Helpful or not?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-26-2006, 09:10 AM   #1
    Jabbo87
    (male)

Jabbo87 HB User
    Livercare (Liv.52): Helpful or not?

I have had elevated liver enzymes in the past, mostly due to poor diet and alcohol consumption. Enzymes usually go down with abstinence and changes in diet. I have begun taking Livercare (or Liv.52) as an herbal supplement. It is approved by the Swedish equivalent of the FDA as a drug and claims to aid in the protection of the liver as well as lowering enzyme levels. I have not had any alcohol in two months and have been really watching my diet while taking Livercare every day. Does anyone have any experience with Livercare working for them? Any testimonials either way would be helpful. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2006, 03:43 PM   #2
    girlgolfer
    (female)

girlgolfer HB User
    Re: Livercare (Liv.52): Helpful or not?

I'm not familiar with Livercare...however I am taking 200mg milk thistle 3x/day...table form. I don't know if it will help w/ my mildly elevated AST/ALT levels but hopefully it won't hurt. Is anyone taking milk thistle - like to know your experience with it. thanks

Old 03-28-2006, 12:53 PM   #3
    Green Eyed Granny
    (female)

Green Eyed Granny HB User
    Wink Re: Livercare (Liv.52): Helpful or not? (girlgolfer)

Hi, I have been taking around that amount of Milk Thistle 3 x a day for the last five years. It certainly hasn't harmed me any, and the Dr, said to keep taking it, maybe that's why I've been doing so good. And I have Hep C and Cirrhosis, plus I'm old, so I will keep taking it, I never skip a day.

Closed Thread