It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board

• Do I have cirrohsis?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-17-2006, 12:57 PM   #1
    Goosey
    (female)

Goosey HB User
    Do I have cirrohsis?

Mine is an ongoing problem but is driving me crazy. For the past 18 months I have had raised ALT levels. Finally, for the first time in the past 18 months, my ALT levels have been in the normal levels for the past two blood tests done over the past month. That is great but I am still not feeling well. Am I ill - cirrohsis? - or is it in my head?

What does a long term raised ALT mean? I had an ultrasound and they said it was normal. I have so many things which are bothering me and I am so worried that I do have serious liver disease.

Symptoms: (not all of these all the time) tingling in hands and feet; twitches around the eyes; muscle spasms mainly in legs but other places as well; itching; sometimes that pain under right rib thing; pain in the bones of my feet; and the list goes on....

I keep going to the Dr. Just this morning I went with indigestion sort of pain. At night I have been getting a tightening pain accross my chest that feels like indegestion and then a deep pain in my back between my shoulder blades. This has not been every night...

Please help me, anyone who has any help on this matter!!

I am so tired of having my life on hold with not knowing what is wrong!!!

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2006, 02:25 PM   #2
    Red Palms
    (male)

Red Palms HB User
    Re: Do I have cirrohsis?

I think I'm going through a lot of what you're going through. I was told by my doctor that I had "slightly elevated liver function" during my physical and he recommended an ultrasound as well.

I have general pains all over as well. I get pain on the bones of my feet too just like you mentioned and muscle spasms all over which kind of freak me out. I also get the tingling hands from time to time too, usually at night when I wake during the middle of the night. The only thing I haven't had that you mentioned is a tightening pain accross the chest.

Some other things that I'm looking in to are allergies and nerves. If this started when you were very stressed it could have to do with nerves. If the pains come more after you eat certain foods, it could be allergies. I'd definitely get tested for allergies.

Good luck, let me know what you find out.

Old 05-18-2006, 04:01 AM   #3
    Goosey
    (female)

Goosey HB User

Thanks for your reply. It is interesting to finally hear someone who thinks they share my symptoms. As for the chest thing I think that one is in my head. Do you get the eye twitches? My problem has been going on for some thime & it has just gone up and down but these problems have never totally gone away.

Old 05-18-2006, 06:42 AM   #4
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

Hey goosey.you know,sometimes when we get certain symptoms all at the same time,we tend to kind of get 'tunnel visioned"(Drs seem to also do this ALOT) and just assume that they are all related when they are sometimes indications of many or just another added medical issue that is totally unrelated to what your main medical issue really is.

i think this is what may be going on in your case.it would appear,just from what you have stated here as symptoms,that a possible trip to a good neurologist may be in order.I really do think that a full neuro evaluation would possibly shed some light on what is really going on with your more "neuro related' types of symptoms.this could very well be related to your upper spine or even a brain issue.but it all really sounds like you do have "something neuro' going on that has no real connection at all to your liver issue.

i suffer with many neuro problems due to a spinal cord surgery that left behind some pretty devistating crap to have to now deal with.this is on top of the polycystic kidney and liver disease i am also dealing with.ain't life grand?at any rate.i would really sit down and have an in depth talk with your primary about all of your symptoms and the need to have this all really fully evaluated.if nothing else,he can refer you for an MRI on your brain and the c spine area(this could be the area of the issues)then once you get the results back,well that would determine your next step.but whther or not anything actually "shows' on the films,i still think you do definitely need to also be evaled by a neuro anyways.I really DO think from what you have stated that the liver thing may be playing just a very small role in all of your ongoing symptoms and there is some other cause for all of this.it just needs some further looking into thats all.if nothing else,certain things would be ruled out.

I hope you can find some answers here soon.please keep me posted on anything you find out,K? good luck,Marcia

Closed Thread