It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board

• bilirubin in urine

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-18-2006, 12:32 PM   #1
    adam933
    (male)

adam933 HB User
    Question bilirubin in urine

hello, i just got some test results back and my urine showed bilirubin in urine the amount was listed as 1+. the doctor who went over my results did not seem concerned but, after doing some research i become concerned. i read if any traces come up it should be looked in to. sould i be concerned? thanks for any help on this matter. Adam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2006, 03:05 PM   #2
    danielm
    (male)

danielm HB Userdanielm HB User
    Re: bilirubin in urine

If you are concerned, you're always best to get a second opinion if your doctor isn't taking your concerns seriously.

Old 10-20-2006, 06:21 AM   #3
    adam933
    (male)

adam933 HB User

well, i went to see my GP doctor and told her about the test results. she just blew me off. she didn't even respond to it. i just dont understand. everything i read is telling me that something is wrong when bilirubin is found in the urine. i have other health issues too that the doctor just ignores. i feel its all related. i can never get a good doctor.

Old 10-20-2006, 10:21 AM   #4
    gudewan
    (male)

gudewan HB User

Have you been diagnosed with anything? If not, many times they wait to see if the bilirubin sicks around for a while and then become concerned. Could it be realted to whatever else you have already?

-Jenn

Old 10-20-2006, 11:08 AM   #5
    adam933
    (male)

adam933 HB User

i haven't diagnosed with anything yet. there is something going on but the doctors i have been to arent trying to figure it out. they all just tell me "you have something going on but dont wat it is". i believe its multiple clots in my superficial veins but i cant get any doctors to run some type of test to look into it,since i dont show the classic signs that only 50% of people show. it been a long battle. if they are clots and this bilirubin keeps showing up... its not going to be a good out come.

Old 10-23-2006, 07:38 PM   #6
    kmacdona
    (male)

kmacdona HB User

Bilirubin in the urine is usually signs of gallblader or liver problems. Increased bilirubin in the urine usually points toward biliary duct obstruction. It could also mean gallstones. It doesn't hurt to be more agressive with your doctors when it comes to your treatment. Ask them questions and don't settle for lamen term reasons. Make them explain what they are doing. But if you feel your doctors aren't including you in your treatment or are being indirect, most hospitals have patient advocates that you can consult. They don't get involved medically with your treatment but are more on the adminitrative side and help resolve issues between patients and doctors or other medical staff.

MaC

Closed Thread