It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board

• Just completed a liver cleanse

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-12-2006, 12:29 PM   #1
    john canuck
    (male)

john canuck HB User
    Just completed a liver cleanse

I just finished a 24 hour liver cleanse. The documentation said that I might see 200 stones. I only saw 3. But one was 1cm in diameter! It can't be good to have these stones in the liver.

For the past 5 years I've experienced extreme afternoon fatigue, dizziness, chronic diarrhea, etc.. The doctors have run at least 30 tests and found everything to be normal. I wonder if a clogged bial duct was the source of my poor digestion. I guess time will tell.

I'm pretty happy about the results of this cleanse though. It was my first one. I will probably do it at least once per year. I'm only 32.

Last edited by john canuck; 11-12-2006 at 12:30 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2006, 05:26 PM   #2
    kmacdona
    (male)

kmacdona HB User
    Re: Just completed a liver cleanse

The stones are probably from your Gallbladder and not the Liver. I read in the New England Journal of medicine that there isn't really a way to flush the liver. Also if you would have had a clogged bile duct you probably would have possibly elevated liver enzimes.

MAC

Old 12-01-2006, 05:16 AM   #3
    Lenin
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
    Re: Just completed a liver cleanse

John,
    I had a couple smaller stone dumpings, once even NONE but then I got a LOT <like 200...hard to count because of the line you have to draw between stones and gravel.> I think it's a matter of timing, a little bit of luck, and maybe what you ate the day before.. Sometimes the bladder is fuller with bile than others, sometimes less full.

I recommend you do another next month, on the theory there were some that you might have loosened that will give way the next time.
    And follow my advice and NOT mix the grapefruit with the epsom salts...you will get a better bile discharge. In fact, go a day without any acidic or fatty foods...the longer the better.

I was all set to do one last month but then got screwed up with a dental emergency and my plans went up in smoke . Next week for sure if the store has some good unpasteurized apple juice. Liver/GB seem kind of "full" feeling.

MAC,
    It strikes me as logical to assume that once the GB is emptied there will be a corresponding push by the liver to refill it. I think that might stimulate release of some stones from the hepatic ducts? And then THEY'D wind up in the gall bladder for the next flush. Hard to know for sure though since cholesterol stones are invisible to X-ray.

The medical profession is a hard sell on this even when confronted with the evidence of Tbsps. of bright green stones in abundance that are collected from...well, COLLECTED!
    After all, they make ZERO dollars when we do a flush and many many thousands when we have our gall bladders surgically removed.
    What's the old saying very apt in politics? "It's hard to make somebody SEE something when their salary depends on NOT SEEING it."

Last edited by Lenin; 12-01-2006 at 05:26 AM.

Closed Thread