It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board

• Ultrasound results?!?!?!?!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-21-2003, 12:07 PM   #1
    handsfull4

handsfull4 HB User
    Unhappy Ultrasound results?!?!?!?!

Tree frog or anyone else, I have seen you here and on the liver board, I need your help, you seem to know alot about these things and could use your interpitation. What I thought was a hypo thyroid problem, has not totaly blown up. After finding out my grandmothers history ( native american) I have some major concerns, my grandmother had CREST syndrom w/ raynods. and had her gallbladder removed, biopsy on her liver, and had her apendix removed. Well since getting sick things have taken a turn and now I am looking at following in my grandmothers foot steps sense these syndroms are hereditary and can mess w/ your liver, thyroid and such. I can't get ahold of my doctor the ultrasound was done on 2/11 I picked up the lab results today, and have an appointment with gastrointoligist on monday midday. Any interpitation of these results would greatly be apprciated. I tried calleing the doctor that ordered the tests again, becouse my husband and his family begged me not to give up on this doctor and like I feared they are still not answering there calls after there lunch that according to there message should of been back almost an hour ago. Any way here is what the ultrasound report says.
    ABDOMEN ULTRASOUND

CLINICAL HISTORY:
    RIGHT UPPER QUADRANT PAIN

FINDINGS:
    SONOGRAPHIC EVALUATION OF THE ABDOMEN WAS PREFORMED AND IS COMPARED TO THE PRIOR EXAMINATION ON 02/01/02
    INCREASED ECHOGENICITY OF THE HEPATIC PARENCHYMA SUGGESTS A MILD TO MODERATE DEGREE OF DIFFUSE FATTY INFILTRATION. FOCAL SPARING IS SEEN IN THE REGION ADJACENT TO THE GALLBLADDER FOSSA. NO DEFINITE FOCAL HEPATIC MASS OR LESION IS SEEN, AND THE LIVER IS OTHERWISE HOMOGENEOUS AND UNREMARKABLE IN APPEARANCE. THE GALLBLADDER IS NORMAL IN APPEARANCE AND IS FREE OF STONES. NO INTRA- OR EXAHEPATIC BILE DUCT DILATION IS SEEN. THE PANCREAS, SPLEEN, KIDNEYS, AORTA, AND IVC ARE UNREMARKABLE IN APPEARANCE. THERE IS NO EVIDENCE OF SPLENOMEGALY.

IMPRESSION:
    1. MILD TO MODERATE DIFFUSE FATTY INFILTRATION OF THE LIVER. FOCAL SPARING IS SEEN IN THE REGION OF THE GALLBLADDER FOSSA. THE LIVER IS OTHERWISE HOMOGENEOUS AND UNREMARKABLE IN APPEARANCE. NO EVIDENCE OF SHOLELITHIASIS OR BILE DUCT DIALATION. REMAINDER OF THE EXAMINATION IS OTHERWISE UNREMARKABLE. NO EVIDENCE OF SPLENOMEGALY.

If you or anyone else can desifer this I would greatly appreciate it.
    Thanks so much,
    Emily

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread