It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board

• Recurrent Hepatic Adenoma???!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-13-2003, 09:11 PM   #1
    angelgirl123166

angelgirl123166 HB User
    Red face Recurrent Hepatic Adenoma???!!!

I had a very large (22cm) hepatic adenoma removed in 2001. I have had normal liver function tests up until about 6 months ago or so, when my SGOT and SGPT levels started going up again. My alkaline phosphatase has stayed normal. An abdominal ultrasound showed a "fatty area and tumor". Is is possible that my hepatic adenoma has recurred?? I have been off the pill since 1999. I did take fertility drugs in 1996. Do these things recur frequently? Anyone else have any info on this?? I'm really scared about this and need as much info as I can find.
    Thanks

------------------
    ~Angelgirl~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2003, 03:43 PM   #2
    whiskey

whiskey HB User
    I am sorry I have to words to help you but I wanted you to know someone is out there

------------------
    whiskey

Old 07-29-2003, 07:42 AM   #3
    kdgva

kdgva HB User
    Did you find out any answers? Can they recur because I have them?
    Quote:
    Originally posted by angelgirl123166:
    I had a very large (22cm) hepatic adenoma removed in 2001. I have had normal liver function tests up until about 6 months ago or so, when my SGOT and SGPT levels started going up again. My alkaline phosphatase has stayed normal. An abdominal ultrasound showed a "fatty area and tumor". Is is possible that my hepatic adenoma has recurred?? I have been off the pill since 1999. I did take fertility drugs in 1996. Do these things recur frequently? Anyone else have any info on this?? I'm really scared about this and need as much info as I can find.
    Thanks

Old 07-30-2003, 12:14 PM   #4
    projapoti
    Inactive

projapoti HB User
    Quote:
    Originally posted by angelgirl123166:
    Thanks
    The fatty area means that there is something that has been affecting your liver tissue at the cellular level. Liver cells contain fatty acids, and when these cells are broken down, the fatty acids are chewed up by enzymes and you get the fatty infiltration. I just want to reassure you that just because the report said "tumour" it doesn't mean cancer...it just means that they see a lump there. But another thing is that it might just be a reaction at the surgical site and it's a small cyst that'll go away. They might do an abdominal CT or biopsy to characterize the lesion better. Have they mentioned any of that to you? Have you had any symptoms of hepatitis?

Closed Thread