It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board

• Lower right pain below rib cage

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-29-2006, 09:06 PM   #286
    woosh_x
    (male)

woosh_x HB User
    Smile Re: Lower right pain below rib cage

Hi all I have had this pain for the last 8years, I have had test after test I don't even know what tests I've had anymore there have been so many and a least 8 different Doctors.

The pain has come and gone over the last 8 years But now is basically always there, even when I wake up it's there. I guess it's now more of tightness with occasional pain just under the right rib sometimes the left rib as well.

I have a question for all of you, it may seam a little out there but anything is worth looking at.
    Q, do any or all of you have amalgam fillings in your teeth?

On a funny side I was also told that I was a Roman solder in a passed life and the pain I suffer is from the injury I received in battle, so maybe we're all ex-roman solders

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2006, 05:41 AM   #287
    inyourdreams
    Veteran

inyourdreams HB User
    Re: Lower right pain below rib cage

I have 8 or 9 amalgams and have been to the ND that pushes to have them all taken out and replaced. I just can't seem to get the courage up to do that. I've read numerous books about how mercury can cause different things to go haywire in your body.

Is it a possibility that your mercury is causing liver pain? I guess anything is possible, but you might want to look into liver flushing first since no Dr. has really found anything wrong with you. You might just need your liver rejuvenated from a flush to clean all the gunk out of it. You'd be surprised at how good you feel after one. Did your Dr mention fatty liver to you? or if your liver was oversized?

Old 01-30-2006, 04:01 PM   #288
    woosh_x
    (male)

woosh_x HB User

Good Idear, although I did a detox over christmas and found no real diffrence with the pain/tightness. Although I did feel better in general.

I just thought of the amalgams as a possibility due the fact that No doctor can tell me what the pain is after all these years. So it's time do discover for myself what the cause is.

My amalgams are going blackish which i assume is no a good sign thus I booked myself in to remove my amalgams in 3 weeks, (busy tooth pullers)
    I let you know what happends.

Thes Human body, a complex little ticker.

Old 01-30-2006, 05:30 PM   #289
    inyourdreams
    Veteran

inyourdreams HB User

Just let me give you a little warning about having them taken out---do NOT go to just your everyday typical dentist. Go to a holistic dentist (I think that's what they're called) to have the mercury taken out or you're gonna get even sicker because of the mercury that will fly outta your mouth, down your throat, etc.

These holistic Drs actually do a test where they take the worst amalgam out first, then work their way down from there. They will wear masks and body covers so that they are not poisoned by the mercury bits flying around in the air. You do NOT want to be repoisoned by mercury, so please look into this before jumping into something you might regret. Hopefully you already have.

Old 01-30-2006, 10:18 PM   #290
    PJ59
    (female)

PJ59 HB User

Hi Y'all, This is a very interesting thread & I hope all have found answers to your right side pain. After reading this thread in its entirity after stumbling onto it accidently,I thought I had better add my two cents worth. Yes to the amalgum fillings & childhood chickenpox.
    I also recently had the "emergency" exam for this. I had a persistant dull,burning pain more toward flank area on rt side that got worse with exercise and at the end of the day. I experienced chills yet I had a warm area over flank & sometimes had edematous skin in that area(no rash). I didn't think of it as an emergency ,but my dr demanded that I be examined immediately. My pain would start when I got jolted around as I have a very physical job & after the last couple physicals when the drs palpated my abdomen. The right side pain would follow in a couple days from the abdominal palpation even though I never had any tenderness at that time. I have had fractured ribs on both sides and have been dealing with muscle spasms on left side of ribcage for past couple years .I thought I finally had the muscle spasm problem resolved when the right side pain started after last physical exam. My internist diagnosed it as a torn or pulled muscle in my right side but haven't heard the bloodwork & UA results so assume them to be normal again.(I refused chest rads as have had many over past couple yrs with no changes and last was only a month ago.) The only way I find relief is to break the muscle spasm cycle with the muscle relaxant -Skelaxin. I get relief at night by laying on my rt side on a kingsize pillow lengthwise between my armpit and hip. Also heat helps. The ribbelt & tight clothing make my pain worse. After restarting the Skelaxin for a couple days, my pain is minimal toward end of day and no longer persistant. I feel better when I don't do my stretching & flexibility exercises so have minumized those until I feel a lot better as dr said not to do anything that causes pain.
    To those of you that have normal medical workups with or without the diagnosis of muscle/ribcage injury : maybe muscle relaxants might help you out also? Muscle relaxants usually work for pain control when there is nerve damage while NSAIDS do not.
    Also what types of drs has anyone out there seen successfully for ribcage/costochondritis problems? My internist is not of much help in this area and I would like to find a dr more helpful in this area.

Old 01-30-2006, 11:00 PM   #291
    woosh_x
    (male)

woosh_x HB User

Thanks for the info

But you did raise a point, the pain can also feel like a chill.

any one else with the amalgams ?

ps. thanks for the concern on the removal of the fillings I will have a chat to my dentist about it

Cheers

Old 02-01-2006, 09:12 PM   #292
    imaworrier
    (female)

imaworrier HB User

This board is awesome because now I feel much more like my discomfort isn't serious. I have an ultrasound on Friday.
    I have been having discomfort, pressure, slight pain and burning in my middle to lower right side of my back, under my ribcage. sometimes it's more on the side, and sometimes in the front, like maybe where my liver is. I've worried that it's everything from kidney stones to cancer of the kidney or liver. My gall bladder was taken out in 1993, so it's not that.
    All my labs were normal, except trace blood and protein in my urine, which they consider normal (I guess, it doesn't seem normal to me).
    I didn't read all the posts (too many) so I don't know if there are any exactly like my symptoms, but it seems to be a lot similar.

Old 02-01-2006, 09:20 PM   #293
    imaworrier
    (female)

imaworrier HB User

I forgot to mention, the pain occasionaly travels down my buttocks and the back of my leg, like my sciatic nerve.
    Also, it gets worse when I drink a lot of caffeine or eat a lot of fatty foods.

I am curious to know how many people also suffer anxiety problems, because I do and have found a lot of people with undiagnosed similar symptoms do also. The caffeine makes my pressure and discomfort worse, but it also makes my anxiety worse quite often. I don't always have anxiety, but it my right side definately seems worse when I am having anxiety.

Old 02-03-2006, 11:39 AM   #294
    imaworrier
    (female)

imaworrier HB User

I had my ultrasound today. Don't you just love how the ultrasound techs always seem so serious, like something is really wrong. But they can't tell you a thing.

My US tech kept looking and looking on my right side, telling me to take a deep breath and hold it. I figured she was looking for my gall bladder, which I had out in '93. I was about to tell her I don't have one, when she asked me if I had it taken out. Glad all that focus wasn't just on my right kidney though!

The Following User Says Thank You to imaworrier For This Useful Post:
    Treehggr (01-08-2011)
    Old 01-13-2019, 07:49 AM   #295
    Administrator
    Senior Veteran

Administrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB UserAdministrator HB User

Please look at the very first post to see the age of a thread and do not reply to threads/posts older than six months.
    Older posts may be closed. Feel free to start your own New Thread.

Please always start your own New Thread to discuss or ask about your own health issues. Answer other members' issues on their own threads.

Do not add your own health concerns onto other members’ threads, so that everyone can get replies to their own issues. Very long group threads mean that some members are being ignored.

Thanks for your cooperation.
    Kind regards.

Last edited by Administrator; 01-13-2019 at 08:22 AM.

Closed Thread