It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board

• Macronodular Cirrhosis Stage 3 Fibrosis

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-12-2010, 09:55 AM   #1
    HopeFran
    (female)

HopeFran HB User
    Unhappy Macronodular Cirrhosis Stage 3 Fibrosis

My husband has been diagnosed with this Macronodualar Cirrhosis stage 3 Fibrosis, he is staying in constant pain, and he does not drink, it did not come from alcohol, it came from heptitis at one point and them pain medication he was on for 10 years, Percocet...
    Can anyone tell me how to deal with this, he is suffering so, I have taken him to UVA, and they took him off all narcartics, and put him on Lactulose and Xifaxan, and Tramadol for pain, since going to UVA, he has been back in ER here in Lynchburg, VA, and they put him back on narcartics, and so did his Pain dr and nothing is stopping the pain, just unsettled everywhere he moves, they did tell him his liver was swollen 2 to 3 times it's normal size and that is where all the pain is coming from, he has no appitite, but he is not losing weight, not swelling in ankles, stomach is 3 times the size should be, and not jaundice, just sleeps all the time and time he is awake he is in terrible pain. He is disabled with diabeties, 7 back surgeries, Open Heart Surgery and stents....he is an 63 years old..
    Can anyone shed any light on what I can do to get him some help to ease his pain...
    I would appreciate any input...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread