It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board

• Rare Early Bridging Fibrosis

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-12-2011, 05:37 PM   #1
    Fibrosis
    (male)

Fibrosis HB User
    Rare Early Bridging Fibrosis

Hello,

I'm 26 and when I was 24 I went to Dr because I didn't feel well and was tired all the time. After blood work I was Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism and started treatment right away. My Dr was also very concerned with my liver enzymes and did a liver function test. The results showed that my AST and ALT were elevated like one was 189 and the other 130 something and they are suppose to be in the 30-40's??? I don't know. Anyway I was referred to a Gastro Dr. He suspected my Gall Bladder but tests showed no problem. Next was a liver biopsy that showed severe fatty liver and rare early bridging fibrosis. I was tested for Wilson s Disease, Hemochromatosis. All negative. Im not diabetic and i dont drink alcohol or use drugs. I was referred to the Liver Center in Birmingham Alabama for further research. They couldn't explain it either and said a liver transplant may be in my future. That was two years ago. I was stopped by my Gastro as I passed him in the market one day. He asked how I been and the results of the Liver Center. I told him nothing has really changed. He said I was so young and need to make an appointment with him to find out what else they can do. Im concerned cause I dont understand whats going on. What is Bridging Fibrosis and should I be worried? Most recent LFT still show elevated enzymes like in the 160's and 130's one is always higher than the other.

Last edited by Fibrosis; 01-12-2011 at 05:44 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2011, 05:43 PM   #2
    Fibrosis
    (male)

Fibrosis HB User
    Re: Rare Early Bridging Fibrosis

I also need to add that two weeks after needle liver biopsy I had a gall bladder attack and was admitted to the Hospital via my Gastro Dr. and after test for Hepatitis were negative they took out my GB and took a wedge of my liver to do more tests on it. So Ive had two liver biopsies. When I see a Dr. the first thing they do is ask if I have hepatitis and do test. Also my mother died of cirrhosis at age 41 and my sister who also doesn't drink and eats very healthy is currently going through the same thing as me. Her GB was removed last week and she had stones. Her Dr called after the surgery to say he enzymes were still very high and he is concerned.

Last edited by Fibrosis; 01-12-2011 at 05:49 PM.

Closed Thread