It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board

• Liver Test Results - Could use some thoughts!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-17-2011, 10:35 AM   #1
    gmontano
    (male)

gmontano HB User
    Liver Test Results - Could use some thoughts!

Hi all, I am new to the board. Just a little history. I'm almost 40yrs old. I recently had two very bad back to back sinus infections. After a few days I was feeling better but thought I would set up a physical because I have been catching just about every virus my kids bring home and they hit me hard.

So, initial blood test all came back normal except of my ALT and AST were very high, the next day they tested again and they were even higher. I had forgot to tell my Dr that I was taking the antibiotic Doxycycline which apparently can increase these levels. Dr had had me stop immediately and stop drinking and test again in another week.

Here is basically how they came back.

AST 312, 363, 333 Stopped Doxy 222, 153
    ALT 267, 332, 286, Stopped Doxy 290, 171

dates of tests were: 12/28, 12,29, 1/3, 1/7, 1/14

On 1/3 I stopped taking Doxy, stopped drinking for that week, and stopped all Ibuprophen. Not much impact until the next week.

I have been a alcohol drinker since I was young but mostly a weekend beer drinker. I have a have had a neck problem for many years and I have been taking a lot of Ibuprofen. I think I was up to about 600mgs in the morning and 800mgs at night. I'm very happy to see my #'s dropping but...

They did conduct an ultrasounds and they said I have fatty liver. They sent me in for more tests and although my AST went down to 153 and ALT went down to 171, they tested my GGT and it was 609. Could high GGT also be caused by the Doxycycline or would just having fatty liver cause a high GGT? Or is that purely from to much alcohol?

And with having fatty liver - how long could it take to get my #'s down? Assuming I lose weight, cut out the drinking and eat healthier? Oh I've got about 25lbs I could lose. Oh and any thoughts on supplements like this Livergenix I've heard about?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by gmontano; 01-19-2011 at 08:30 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread