It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board

• Large (7-8cm.) cyst on liver

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-18-2015, 08:08 PM   #1
    nanathree
    (female)

nanathree HB User
    Large (7-8cm.) cyst on liver

During a CTscan examination my bladder. It was discovered I had a 7-8 cm. on my liver. I'm being scheduled for an MRI, to get a better look at it and make a decision about what need to be done. Has anyone dealt with this and how was it treated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2015, 11:54 AM   #2
    Pumpkin10
    (female)

Pumpkin10 HB User
    Re: Large (7-8cm.) cyst on liver

Hello, here is my story on what happened to me recently. Please don't let this scare you because your situation may be much different than mine. I was diagnosed with a large adenoma on my liver in January. I went to Emory in Atlanta which is one of the best hospitals in the country. Thankfully they were able to remove it laparoscopically along with my gallbladder. I went to the ER prior to this with pain on my right side. That's how I found out about the tumor. It was bleeding which was causing the pain. My tumor was 7 x 9 cm. I had it for a long time and didn't know it. I had an amazing surgeon and the team at Emory were amazing. There is another type of liver tumor called a Hemangioma which is less serious and more common. Mine was considered less common. I hope this helps you and if you have anymore questions please let me know.

Last edited by Administrator; 03-20-2015 at 02:42 PM.

Old 06-21-2015, 12:49 AM   #3
    dewing
    (female)

dewing HB User

I know it's a while ago but did it all work out for you?

Old 06-21-2015, 04:59 AM   #4
    Pumpkin10
    (female)

Pumpkin10 HB User

Yes! Everything worked out great. I recovered and I just had a check-up. My liver has grown back and just one of my liver enzymes was slightly elevated but that's normal for having liver surgery not too long ago. They were able to remove the tumor along with half of my liver and it was benign thank God! What is the update on your situation?

The following user gives a hug of support to Pumpkin10:
    dewing (06-21-2015)
    Old 06-21-2015, 10:42 AM   #5
    dewing
    (female)

dewing HB User

I am in a very scary position at the moment :-( i may have a hydatid cyst (which i had never even heard of before), it is a parasitic cyst and quite rare but i was convinced that i had cancer because my father died of liver cancer 7 years ago but this disease sounds horrid (i've been doing some internet research on it). I get to see the Consultant on Friday and hope to know more on what the next stage is - i feel very down about it all i must admit :-(

Old 06-21-2015, 12:47 PM   #6
    Pumpkin10
    (female)

Pumpkin10 HB User

I have never heard of that either. I will look that up myself. I'm so sorry you are going through this. I will keep you in my prayers. Let's just see what the Dr says. The plus side is that they can take half the liver or even a little more than half if needed and it will grow back. As long as the rest of the liver is healthy. Keep doing research on this and what you can do to stay healthy. I read so much about foods that are good for your liver and cancer fighting foods too. I ate a lot of walnuts, salmon, drank green tea and lemon water. I just started researching that kind of stuff when I was diagnosed. Don't give up hope because anything is possible and I really grew so close to God during my situation. I prayed so hard and not only for myself but in general. This is out of your hands and in God's hands and you have to completely trust Him. I know this is difficult to do but just try to give this to Him. Please let me know what your Dr says and I will be praying for you. It's going to be ok.

Old 06-22-2015, 04:22 AM   #7
    dewing
    (female)

dewing HB User

Thanks for your response. I do drink lemon water every day and green tea and each some nuts every day too so I am trying to do all the right things to help my liver. I guess I should know more on Friday when I see my consultant. I will keep you updated.

Closed Thread