It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board

• Heavy feeling in upper back? Lung problem?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-20-2015, 07:58 PM   #1
    Chellybean18
    (female)

Chellybean18 HB UserChellybean18 HB UserChellybean18 HB User
    Heavy feeling in upper back? Lung problem?

ok since last Monday while I was in the store a sharp pain went through my left lung and heart area. And from there it has become a dull ache in my upper back and my lungs feel like they weigh soooo much. My breathing is clear no wheezing or noise but it's like I have to manually breath bc they are heavy!! I don't know what to do because I am stressed so I've been thinking it could be my anxiety but at the same time I've never had anxiety that felt this wayy... What are some disorders that cause dull pain in lungs and sometimes sharp pains? I am only 23 I don't smoke.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2015, 08:39 AM   #2
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
    Re: Heavy feeling in upper back? Lung problem?

It sounds like you could have pleurisy, which is inflammation of lining of lung and chest wall. It can come from infection, like a cold, bronchitis or pneumonia, or some autoimmune problems. I would see your Dr. who should listen to your lungs (may hear a "rub" from friction or signs of infection) and get a chest xray. Pleurisy does not always show up on xray or exam however, it is diagnosed by symptoms and trying to establish the cause. It usually responds to anti-inflammatories like OTC ibuprofen or naproxen. If it becomes recurrent and happens often, you need tests to rule out autoimmune disorder, but most pleurisy comes from infection and subsides within a couple of weeks.

Old 09-21-2015, 10:11 AM   #3
    Chellybean18
    (female)

Chellybean18 HB UserChellybean18 HB UserChellybean18 HB User
    Re: Heavy feeling in upper back? Lung problem?

Thank you! I am going to the doctors in the morning. A couple other people have told me it sounds like pleurisy also. I haven't been sick with a cold or anything though. The other night I felt a little feverish though so maybe that is part of it. I am prone to things happening to my lungs. Asthma, bronchitis every year at least once etc...

Closed Thread

Tags
    anxiety, breathing, respiratory