It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board

• Eloesser Flap Lung Surgery

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-07-2016, 11:17 AM   #1
    daisymaekeith
    (female)

daisymaekeith HB User
    Eloesser Flap Lung Surgery

Has anybody, or knows somebody, that has had Eloesser Flap Surgical procedure on your lung. My husband had it in Feb. 2016. He has an open wound on this back that I dress everyday. The healing process is slow but seems we've come to a stand still. If I could get my hand through the incession, my fist would fit into the cavity. We are getting ready to have a wound vac put on to try to speed up health. Very frustrating. I would like to find some who has experienced this procedure.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2016, 01:44 PM   #2
    Lindsley
    (female)

Lindsley HB User
    Re: Eloesser Flap Lung Surgery

Hi-Unfortunately you are a few steps ahead of me...My mother is having surgery for an Eloesser Flap tomorrow and I'm trying to find information on life after the procedure. If I find someone who has had proceedure I will pass it along.

Old 10-25-2016, 06:27 AM   #3
    daisymaekeith
    (female)

daisymaekeith HB User

So glad I got a response, but unfortunately you are becoming more familiar with this procedure by now. Are you the care giver? I would love to follow you and your mom. Perhaps we can help each other and share helpful information. What hospital did she have her procedure. Ours was in Springfield, MO., Dr. Haung. Best of luck to your mom and family. My husband did not have that much pain, but just the daily routine of changing bandage everyday, he has not been restricted in his activities but continues to be SOB.

Old 10-28-2016, 08:47 PM   #4
    Lindsley
    (female)

Lindsley HB User

Hi-sounds good to me-I'm new on the board and learning-My mother had her procedure at Columbia Presbyterian in NYC....sort of a last ditch effort to get her off the chest tube....and hopefully to rehab...(she had a lung removed and there were complications) I am the main caregiver...that being said she is still in the hospital...she has now come down with C-Diff...I'm just learning more about the hole-and I'm right now in the process of figuring out what her next step is-my hope is to get her home and take on most of the care giving...but we will see

Old 10-29-2016, 08:42 PM   #5
    Lindsley
    (female)

Lindsley HB User

I have a question-how long was your husband in the hospital after his surgery? And if it was painful how long before the pain could be managed? Just curious

Old 12-22-2016, 03:03 AM   #6
    daisymaekeith
    (female)

daisymaekeith HB User

How did your mothers surgery go? Ours has turned into a nightmare for me.

Old 01-01-2017, 06:42 PM   #7
    Lindsley
    (female)

Lindsley HB User

Hi-Sorry it took me so long to respond...I hope you enjoyed the Holidays...
    My mother passed away on December 5th from yet another complication...her time in the hospital was ruthless and horrible and we were at one of the best in NYC...5 Major Surgeries in 5 weeks...The Dr.s had packed her cavity with a "new solution" which may have caused her aorta to spring a leak...unfixable ...her cancer was more advanced then they had thought...
    How are you doing? How is your husband? I'm always here for you...I found the eloessor hole fascinating and very primitive in the word of medicine....

Closed Thread