It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board

Bronchitis

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-06-2018, 11:52 PM   #1
Bernice
Veteran
(female)

Bernice HB User
Bronchitis

I hope I'm in the right board for this but 2 weeks after I came down with a sinus infection in which I thought was a cold, I went to the Urgent Care on Friday because I felt like crap. She said yes I do have a sinus infection and I also have a slight case of bronchitis. She prescribed antibiotics for which I am still on and an inhaler which I hope I'm doing it right. She said I should start feeling better within a couple of days and I do but she said the cough will take longer to go away. Does anyone know how long it will take for a bronchitis cough to completely go away? It seems like it's gotten a little bit better but I'm still coughing. Any information will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Bernice

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2018, 04:57 AM   #2
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Bronchitis

Depending on what kind of bronchitis you have (viral or bacterial), it could take 1-4 weeks. The viral version I get usually runs 28 days....but I also have asthma which doesn't help.

Old 11-07-2018, 08:43 AM   #3
YaYagirl
Senior Veteran
(female)

YaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB User

Dear Bernice.

I turn on a vaporizer or humidifier at night to help the mucus thin out and drain. Also drinking plenty of water, warm or hot water helps a cough, with or without tea or lemon juice in it. Do these things until the body has recovered.

Old 11-08-2018, 04:13 AM   #4
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

My daughter has had bronchitis now for 3 weeks...each day the cough gets alittle bit better, but she feels terrible. She was also prescribed an inhaler and antibiotics. You have the right course of treatment, just hang in there alittle longer.

Did the doctor say anything about taking some OTC cough medicine? My daughter was told she could take Mucinex twice a day- it helps thin out the mucous and seems to help with the cough. You might call the Urgent Care you went to and ask. Do not start taking anything without checking first. There could be a reason why they don't want you to take anything.

Reply Reply