It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board

• Breathing Problems

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-14-2018, 03:40 AM   #1
    military035
    (male)

military035 HB User
    Breathing Problems

I guess my issues started in 2012 with a massive heart attack and my mother noticing rises in my chest that was unnoticed by me but since Iraq I have always had some shortness of breath. In Iraq just for knowledge I woke up covered in sand hacking and coughing. I was a moderate 1/2 pack of cigarettes a day for 20 years. I am 55. A couple years I developed severe fatigue and noticed that when I wasnt talking I can see my chest rise and fall. I started to have problems getting air into my lungs by noticing I have a couple issues. The first was my chest was rising and falling when not talking(heavy breating) and feeling like I wasnt getting air through my lungs. No powdered medicine would work and then my family doctor NP prescribed flovent and this worked. So now I only had the problem of rising and falling of my chest when breathing but the air was getting through lungs. My pulmonologist made a change and took me off of flovent and stiloto respir and put me on azithromycin 250 mg tablet 3 days a week and fluticasone-salmeterol (ADVAIR HFA) 115-21 mcg/actuation inhaler. a few days later I started noticing the problems of getting the air through my lungs. He put me back on flovent and stiloto respimat and that solved the problem but still the shortage of breath. 02 levels will occasionally drop to 91 range but most time around 95. I do feel like it is slowly progressing and my PFT is around FEV1 44 and when they do the machine gas exchange comes out at 54. They did say the last test that I improve slightly with medication during the test. Thats the first time I have been told that after around 12 pft tests but the first test always keeps me at fev1 44. I do believe it is contributed to IRAQ sand and the VA agreed and tied this to Iraq.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply