It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board

• Temporary pulmonary hypertension?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-20-2019, 10:38 PM   #1
    castlemom
    (female)

castlemom HB User
    Temporary pulmonary hypertension?

I was being treated for sepsis with IV fluids, and after a couple days my lungs filled up. I was given diuretics and felt better the next day. The day after that, an echocardiogram showed PH, which my pcp was concerned about. But wouldn’t you think that just temporary, from the iv overload?

Hospital doctor said healthy heart would not have let fluids back up, and that I have diastolic CHF. But my pcp did not seem concerned about that!

Anyway, I’m left wondering if I really have PH, until I see the pulmonologist.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2019, 09:56 AM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: Temporary pulmonary hypertension?

Hi castlemom,

You know the old saying, "Where there's smoke there's fire"? Well, I would take your doctor's concerns seriously. Something is going on with your heart and arteries. It may not be too serious yet and there may be time for you to take precautions to keep it in check or even reverse it.

If by chance you have both PH and CHF, it would be wrong to think that doctors will cure it with medication. It will be up to you to maintain or get to a healthy weight. It will be up to you to get at least moderate exercise everyday, like walking. And it will be up to you to eat the healthiest diet you can. That means no fast food - no processed deserts etc. Concentrate mainly on natural whole foods like fresh fruit and a wide variety of non-starchy vegetables. And only small amounts of animal products and saturated fat.

Reply Reply