It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board

• Difficulty with taking deep breath

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-05-2004, 08:58 PM   #1
    Elle10
    (female)

Elle10 HB User
    Difficulty with taking deep breath

hello,

i am new to this board and glad to see to that so many other people experience the same problems as I. I have been suffering with the "difficulty" breathing for almost 2 years now. Sometimes I think it is gone, but soon find out that it is still hanging around, strong as ever. It almost feels as though someone is sitting on my chest, so that I am not able to catch that complete, satisfying breath. I never experience an unsual shortness of breath with exercise. The feeling is pretty much constant. I would not say that it hinders my life, it's just really annoying, and can almost be scary. I find it really hard to explain the feeling. Does anyone else experience a "weird" sensation or feeling in their chest on a regular basis?
    Also, i need to burp a lot. When i finally get a burp out, it feels very good, but i am not sure if that has anything to do with the breathing problem? The only way i can briefly relieve this feeling is by yawning, or by finally catching a good DEEP breath. I also have a slight wheeze when i breath out. (a very faint, but sometimes a little louder, whistle). Anyone else?
    Something that boggles my mind, is sleeping. I sleep great through the night. I have never noticed the breathing problem while sleeping. However, when i am trying to fall asleep, i really notice it, and have to fall asleep on my side. If i lay on my back, i feel like i can't breathe well. Anyway, please let me know what you think. Thank you.

Last edited by Elle10; 04-05-2004 at 09:18 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread