It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board

• The old spot on the lung routine

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-09-2005, 07:25 PM   #1
    Nugo1
    (male)

Nugo1 HB User
    The old spot on the lung routine

Hey,
    A few nights ago, I went to the ER at the VA hospital (I have a service connected knee condition and I'm currently rated 50 percent so I get full coverage there) because I thought I had appendicitus sp? The doctor told me the pain was too high for that, and he initially suspected a kidney stone. He asked if I wanted a shot for the pain--I was a superhero and declined it (how dumb is that? what's the value in being tough?)--and he sent me to Xray.

Xray found nothing on the lower right side, and that pain eventually went away. However, they did find the proverbial "spot" on my left upper lobe, consisten with a pinpoint area under my shoulderblade that had been hurting pretty bad, especially when I take a deep breath. That pain has pretty much subsided too.

So, today I follow up with the regular doc and he says he needs to test for TB (so I have the PTT in or whatever the shot is called) but he really doesn't think it's tb, because the only other symptom I have on the tb list is the night sweats. But, like most docs these days, he's afraid to wager a guess--at one point, it seemed to me that he was suggesting that it is some kind of pnuemonia (just that he thought it was not the tb kind), but his language was unclear, as nice and cool as he is.

My question; given this info., has anyone seen a similar situation before and what did the diagnosis turn out to be? (PS, I'm 32, and although I workout 2-3 times per week and do cardio, I also smoke a pack a day--go figure).

THANKS!

Last edited by Nugo1; 03-09-2005 at 07:25 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2005, 03:31 PM   #2
    Loud
    (female)

Loud HB User
    Re: The old spot on the lung routine

Hi, Nugo. Please stop smoking ASAP. I have no idea what the spot on your lungs is, but quitting smoking will help you out, whatever the spot is. Once your health is gone, its gone. You've got youth on your side; take advantage of it. Deb

Closed Thread