It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board

• Anyone had a thoracotomy?? Please respond

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-11-2007, 12:22 PM   #1
    dragonfly05
    (female)

dragonfly05 HB User
    Anyone had a thoracotomy?? Please respond

Hi there. I had a thoracotomy and lobectomy of my upper right lobe almost 3 weeks ago to remove a benign hamartoma. I have weaned myself off the percocet and am just taking ibuprofin every six hours and vicodin before bed once a day. My incisions are pretty much healed already and I am up and walking around (trying to get a mile in per day...but the weather has been icky lately).

If you have had this procedure, how long before you could really get back into an exercise routine? When could you sleep in a normal bed again? ( I have to sleep on the couch). When could you sleep on your stomach/side? How long before you felt back to normal? While I feel so much better than I did a couple weeks ago, it's still not normal. I am aware that after this procedure it can take up to 3 months to feel better...but I am trying to hear from actual people what their experiences were. I also understand that it depends on your age and health before the surgery. I am a 27 year old female who has excellent health.

Thanks so much for your input!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread