It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board

• is this a lung/respitory problem?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-02-2007, 07:35 PM   #1
    bittygirl
    (female)

bittygirl HB User
    Unhappy is this a lung/respitory problem?

Hi,
    I need to know if this sounds like a lung or some other respitory problem.
    First off, I have hypothyroidism and also low ferritin levels, but I do not belive that either of these would make me feel this way.
    I get this aweful achyness that starts in my back (usually the upper back). This achyness spreads to the rest of my body but is centerlized in my upper back. My upper back then starts to itch deep in side, like some organ is itching or something. I start getting some pain but its hard to describe, because it spreads down my back. So I have upper back and mid back pain. Once my back starts to ache I get this feeling of some respitory thing like I cant breath normal. The breathing is very deep and it feels like I cant get enough oxygen either. Along wilth the acyness/back pain and breathing problme, i get severe exhaustion to the point I cant get out of bed and this will last for 3 weeks or so then it slowly disapers, but always remains in my back a little bit, and always comes back. im so sick of feeling like this. If its not a lung problem, then maybe it could be adreanl or asthma or something.
    any thoughts?
    thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2007, 08:25 PM   #2
    lolo1950
    (female)

lolo1950 HB User
    Re: is this a lung/respitory problem?

this does not sound good. you should get to a dr real quick. these symptons could be related to a number of things. don't hesitate

Old 07-03-2007, 08:34 PM   #3
    bittygirl
    (female)

bittygirl HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lolo1950 View Post
    this does not sound good. you should get to a dr real quick. these symptons could be related to a number of things. don't hesitate
    thanks, I guess I will get an appointment, usually I get pushed aside as if nothing is wrong and it is all in my head, but maybe I will request a xray or something.
    thanks

Old 07-06-2007, 03:17 PM   #4
    bevann26
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB User

i have had the same symtoms for about 15 yrs now. i have always had many allergies, and after having a lung functioning test i was diagnosed with copd. i also have smoked for 42 yrs, just quit on 6/26. i use an inhaler daily to help these symtoms also. however, you won't know for sure until you have further testing.
    best of luck to you and please let us know how you are feeling and how your tests turn out............bevann

Old 07-06-2007, 05:00 PM   #5
    bittygirl
    (female)

bittygirl HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bevann26 View Post
    i have had the same symtoms for about 15 yrs now. i have always had many allergies, and after having a lung functioning test i was diagnosed with copd. i also have smoked for 42 yrs, just quit on 6/26. i use an inhaler daily to help these symtoms also. however, you won't know for sure until you have further testing.
    best of luck to you and please let us know how you are feeling and how your tests turn out............bevann
    thanks, congradulations on your quitting smoking!
    I have never smoked, so thats why I am baffeled by the symptoms but I will defiently get it checked out.
    thanks

Old 07-08-2007, 10:00 PM   #6
    Canyondweller
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Canyondweller HB UserCanyondweller HB User

It really doesn't sound like a lung problem unless you are getting some sort of spasms. There is no pain with lung problems unless you exert yourself like coughing or something like that and certainly no itching. I have no idea what it could be except spasms. Lung problems don't act like that and then go away unless you have an infection and I think you would know that. Best to see your primary, get an x-ray or CT scan and then let them point you in the right direction. You do need to see a Dr. It sounds like maybe an inflammation of some sort.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:17 AM   #7
    seajay
    (female)

seajay HB User

Hello Bittygirl,

I hope you are feeling better or at least have seen a physician at this point. As for the pain, I too had pain, not quite the type you are describing. Though I have multiple nodules, primarily on my upper right lobe, and opacities in both lower lobes as well as small pleural effusions, the first lung doctor I went to attributed the pains to GERD. I was sent on my merry way to a GI doctor. The problem was, the pains weren't typically where GERD would have been affecting me. Anyway, there was no hiatal hernia or damage to my esophagus. The GI Doctor indicated any time there is something showing in the upper lobes, the theory of GERD may be worth a look. If there is something in the lower lobes, it indicates the problem is in the lungs. I wasn't too happy with the first Pulmonologist I went to, so I went to another. He said the pains were more than likely related to the pleurisy that usually accompanies effusions. So, yes, there are some conditions that can cause pain in your lungs in addition to infection. It's best to have it checked out if this has become an ongoing issue.

Take care and I hope all is well.

Old 07-11-2007, 03:38 PM   #8
    bittygirl
    (female)

bittygirl HB User

thanks guys for the feedback. I have a dr apointment next week. Im getting worse off and have to stay home from work. This is really weird cuz I dont smoke and never have and I eat super healthy and not overweight so its very mysterious.
    thanks again

Closed Thread