It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board

• Yawning & forgetfulness

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-28-2007, 12:30 PM   #1
    barbara70
    (male)

barbara70 HB User
    Yawning & forgetfulness

My son had serious concusion about 6 months ago; he was hospitalised for a couple of days and had x-rays. They said it would take at least 6 months to recover fully. He now has lapses of constant yawning lasting in some case for more that 1/2 a minute and is also forgetful. He arrived yesterday and his girlfriend said he had to stop the car as he was yawning so much and then forgot the way to our house. I am so worried that there is something seriously wrong with him; he does have a very busy job.
    He is very reluctant to see a doctor so I need something to prove that he needs to seek medical help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2008, 12:14 PM   #2
    Rita27
    (female)

Rita27 HB User
    Re: Yawning & forgetfulness

I'm sorry for this. Is your son overweight? My stepson is about 280 lbs. and he yawns constantly. I don't know how he manages at work.

If weight is not the reason, I would just take him back to the doctor. The forgetfulness is alarming. Is he getting enough sleep? Just in case it's something that simple.

Closed Thread