It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board

• Not Able To Take In Deep/Yawn Breaths When I Need To

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-20-2008, 12:16 PM   #1
    Midget613
    (female)

Midget613 HB User
    Question Not Able To Take In Deep/Yawn Breaths When I Need To

For the last couple of days I have had this problem with taking in deep breaths and yawning when I feel that I need to. Sometimes I am able to but most of the time I am not. I feel that I need to take in more oxygen more often now than when I did just last week. I think that it has something to do with my right lung because when I go to breath in deep I almost feel like a tightening in that lung. But like I said sometimes I think do feel it take and I am able to take in a deep breath. I feel that I have to have to yawn about every 10 minutes or so and that I have to take in a deep breath about every 3-5 minutes. Was kind of wondering if it is a colasped lung but now I'm not so sure since I am able to take in a deep breath about 2 times out of about 5 attemps. The yawning is somewhat different though. I have the feeling of a yawn coming on I take in the air but I can't get to the deep breath and so I can't really complete my yawn. I can yawn about 1 time out of about 20 attempts. I don't usually have to take in deep breaths as often but since this happened it's like I need to take in more oxygen almost always and I'm not able to and I have the feeling of lack of oxygen so I try to take short small breaths but that doesn't help. I need to take in that deep breath or yawn to get the feeling of a satisfied intake of air. Is there anyone that can shine a light into this area?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread