It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board

• Ultra-Sensitive after a Pleurodesis

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-15-2001, 08:13 PM   #1
    MikeNice

MikeNice HB User
    Post Ultra-Sensitive after a Pleurodesis

Hey...I've recently gotten out of the hospital for a spontaneous pneumo-thorax. I had to get a pleurodesis done. In case you don't know what that is, it's a form of surgery where they had to make two small incisions in my back for little cameras and a larger incision a little left of my nipple for them to do the actual surgery. They had to cut a piece of my lung with all the "blebs" off and insert a chest tube for a couple of days. I've been out of the hospital for 4 days now and i'm still extremely sore from where they cut through the muscles. I've also been either numb or ultra-sensitive under my left arm. That is my question. Does anyone else who has had this surgery have this weird sensation? Is it anything to worry about? How long did it take to go away? Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2001, 04:50 PM   #2
    Kathy2sons

Kathy2sons HB User
    Smile

Hi, my name is Kathy and I just recently found this site. I read about your surgery. I hope you are feeling better. My son (age 15) was recently diagnosed with blebs; mostly in his left lung. The pulmonarey Dr. said my son has many blebs. The strange thing is that, eight months prior, my son had x-rays that looked great. The Dr. didn't mention then any thing that looked suspicious. I had never heard of blebs. My son was diagnosed with asthma at age 5 and he also had a diaphragmatic hernia repair at 4 hrs. of age. The Dr's feel that the congenital problem and the chronic asthma is what has brought this copd ? on. I was told that his condition is not progressive. On the other hand we were told that the blebs could burst. So I have been very concerned. This surgery that you had if you don't mind me asking; was it covered by insurance?? Again I hope you are feeling better and getting stronger every day. If you get a chance I would like to hear more about your surgery. Take Care, Kathy

Closed Thread