It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board

• What is Hilar Bronchial Pulmonary?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-18-2009, 02:07 PM   #1
    AlanWaters
    (male)

AlanWaters HB User
    Exclamation What is Hilar Bronchial Pulmonary?

I recently had an xray and it showed a huge shadow on the lower part of my right lung. It covered a third of that lung from the bottom up. I have had a severe cough for a few months now and there are periods where i have trouble breathing. Its as if I cant get clean air in to my lungs. I have also been suffering with pain from the same area. The pain is fairly constant and is there most of the time. Its worst when i exhale. Some times it is really bad and almost doubles me up especially if have been doing some type of excessive excercise like singing ( yes singing! ). I was a smoker until recently and smoked about 20 to 30 a day for about 30 years. But smoking left me breathless and in pain.
    This was my second set of xrays and I have had two lots of antibiotics. My doctor said that the years of smoking had caught up with me but is reluctant to make any early suggestions at my problems only vague hints. The only info I have is what was on my xray cards severe "hilar bronchial pulmonary" scarring.
    Needless to say I want to know what this means and what does the xray show? I have looked it up on the net and the only reference was to cancer. Is this what they are looking for?

Last edited by AlanWaters; 11-18-2009 at 02:08 PM. Reason: missed a bit

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread