It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board

• question about pneumonia

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-08-2009, 10:15 AM   #1
    tymann23
    (male)

tymann23 HB User
    question about pneumonia

hi, well at the end of october i developed flu symptoms (not sure if it was swine flu or not) i had the typical severe body aches, high fever, fatigue. well those symptoms pretty much completely went away after about 4 days. but then i developed problems breathing..not rattling or wheezing..my breathing just didnt feel right. so i goto the ER..i got a chest x-ray and the doctor told me there was a haze in my right lung..in other words pneumonia. i was prescribed doxycycline..20 pills (a ten day supply) i was almost finished it and i still felt out of it and my breathing still didnt feel completely right..so i went back and got another chest x-ray (mind you this was about 8 or 9 days later) and the doctor said it was a "smidge" worse..in other words the antibiotic had no been doing its job correctly..so then i was prescribed this high end antibiotic i believe it was called levaquin? well we went to pick it up at the pharmacy and even with my insurance it was 50 dollars for 4 pills..i couldnt afford it so i just finished my doxycycline. so on december 4th i believe i went to a different hospital because of still having discomfort in my side..they gave me a chest x-ray and drew blood..the doctor came back and told me my lungs were clear and i was overall healthy...heres the thing..im still having discomfort in my side and my breathing pattern is just not right. to describe my discomfort..it feels like muscle twitches in my rib cage area and my right part of my chest feels kind of tight. also other things just to note..ive lost about 15 lbs in the last month and a half (since i got sick) and ive been eating good and havent been active of course..i dont have a cough, no fever. just this discomfort and my breathing. they are the doctors and they know what they are doing, but i know this stuff isnt in my head. if my lungs are clear and im overall a healthy person..then what could this be? im really sorry for the story but im really worried and need to know from other people for comfort.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2009, 10:44 AM   #2
    tymann23
    (male)

tymann23 HB User
    Re: question about pneumonia

please if someoe could give me advice it would be highly appreciated

Old 12-16-2009, 08:50 AM   #3
    fudger220
    (female)

fudger220 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tymann23 View Post
    hi, well at the end of october i developed flu symptoms (not sure if it was swine flu or not) i had the typical severe body aches, high fever, fatigue. well those symptoms pretty much completely went away after about 4 days. but then i developed problems breathing..not rattling or wheezing..my breathing just didnt feel right. so i goto the ER..i got a chest x-ray and the doctor told me there was a haze in my right lung..in other words pneumonia. i was prescribed doxycycline..20 pills (a ten day supply) i was almost finished it and i still felt out of it and my breathing still didnt feel completely right..so i went back and got another chest x-ray (mind you this was about 8 or 9 days later) and the doctor said it was a "smidge" worse..in other words the antibiotic had no been doing its job correctly..so then i was prescribed this high end antibiotic i believe it was called levaquin? well we went to pick it up at the pharmacy and even with my insurance it was 50 dollars for 4 pills..i couldnt afford it so i just finished my doxycycline. so on december 4th i believe i went to a different hospital because of still having discomfort in my side..they gave me a chest x-ray and drew blood..the doctor came back and told me my lungs were clear and i was overall healthy...heres the thing..im still having discomfort in my side and my breathing pattern is just not right. to describe my discomfort..it feels like muscle twitches in my rib cage area and my right part of my chest feels kind of tight. also other things just to note..ive lost about 15 lbs in the last month and a half (since i got sick) and ive been eating good and havent been active of course..i dont have a cough, no fever. just this discomfort and my breathing. they are the doctors and they know what they are doing, but i know this stuff isnt in my head. if my lungs are clear and im overall a healthy person..then what could this be? im really sorry for the story but im really worried and need to know from other people for comfort.

Old 12-16-2009, 08:56 AM   #4
    fudger220
    (female)

fudger220 HB User

Hi there
    Your symptoms sound familiar. I am on week 5 of flu like symptoms, slight fever, chills, extremly achy and this underlying tight chested feeling shortness of breath. I have been to the doctors 5 weeks on the trot now each time he says he cant hear anything wrong with my chest and that i have post viral fatigue from the flu. So why do i still feel like i have flu and have these breathing problems 5 weeks on?? I would love to know how you are doing and if your chest problems have improved. Like you i am very worried, frustarted and depressed with the whole thing and to top it all i have been off work for 6 weeks- feel like a recluse!!!

Old 12-26-2009, 11:51 AM   #5
    Matthew103
    (male)

Matthew103 HB User

Hello there, I am also getting over the same symptoms you describe. On November 3rd I went to work and felt very sick and winded, within 3 days I felt like dying. After going to the ER twice, urgent care 5 times, family Dr. once and the pulmonologist once I was diagnosed with Mycoplasma. I suggest you get checked just incase... it seems alot of people have this common infection and it continues to get over looked.

Old 12-26-2009, 03:36 PM   #6
    Root16
    (male)

Root16 HB User

you say the original doctor (doctor1) said there was a 'haze' in your lungs and that it had gotten a little worse 8-9 days after you originally saw him. But then you went to another doctor (doctor2) and they said you were fine, yet your symptoms hadn't changed since doctor1 had told you your lung's haze had gotten a smidge worse? Or is the 'discomfort in your side' different than the symptoms you described originally that doctor1 said was haze in your lungs?

I would suggest you see an 'alternative medicine' doctor and stop compromising your immune system with antibiotics that don't even work! good luck.

Last edited by Root16; 12-26-2009 at 03:38 PM.

Closed Thread