It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board

• Laryngeal nerve damage...Please help

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-28-2013, 10:06 AM   #1
    WorryWarrior
    (female)

WorryWarrior HB User
    Red face Laryngeal nerve damage...Please help

Hello, I am VERY new to this but I am seeking help from others who have or know someone that have the same problem. In 2009, I have half of my thyroid removed (docs wanted to be sure that I did not have thyroid cancer...which I didnt ) About a year or 2 after I started having problems breathing, I would get short of breathe very quick. I was tested and told that I had asthma (which I dont). I then went to see another doctor, and after several different test and seeing 2 different doctors, I wastold that I have Laryngeal nerve damage. My vocal cords were not opening enough for me to get air in, which caused my shortness of breath. In Jan 2013, I had surgrey which the doc removed some of the paralyzed vocal cord to give me a wider opening for air. I also have to a tracheosmty placed. I was still out of breath after the first surgrey so the doctor said that he can go in a remove some of the other vocal cord to make the openeing even wider. Finally after 5 months of having the trach, i was able to get the trach taken out. But I am still having some breathing problems. Now I have to get a Pulmoanry function test as well as a test to take pics of my voice box. I am now becoming vert scared because I dont know what can possibly be wrong. Why am I still have trouble breathing?! Can someone please help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread