It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board

• COPD, pneumonia, and H1N1

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-04-2014, 12:52 PM   #1
    Flybyeme17
    (female)

Flybyeme17 HB User
    Question COPD, pneumonia, and H1N1

I need some advice, but my story 1st...
    My BF was just diagnosed with COPD last Saturday from an ER doc, I took him in bc I just knew he had pneumonia again after having it just 3 months ago and sure enough he def has pneumonia, but not as bad as his last time. He is also a Vet so Wednesday we had to go to the VA ER bc he was still coughing badly but no fever and ran out of meds well they refilled his meds and gave him different meds and also swabbed him for the flu we came home started on his new meds then we got the call from the doc from the VA saying he has H1N1....oh I'm so worried bout him thru all of this and I too have gotten a pretty bad head and chest cold but by time we got him to VA I was feeling much better, well I woke up at 1:30 and my throat was sore again and my glands swollen...I called ER I originally took him to so I cld get some advice if I should get checked for it also bc online it's says I don't have to and some places say I should. My biggest fear is I'm gonna make him sicker and with his COPD it scares me! I don't have a doc here, we just moved, and no Ins...any advice to keep him safer?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    copd, h1n1, pneumonia