It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board

• Finally a diagnosis--Lupus!

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-24-2016, 10:13 AM   #1
    Felicitybird
    (female)

Felicitybird HB User
    Finally a diagnosis--Lupus!

Hello to all and thanks for accepting me to the forum. I think I started with Lupus symptoms when I was 29----fever of unknown origin for 12 months, pleurisy, a lot of vomiting for no reason. I was easily fatigued but thought it was because I had 6 pregnancies in 6 years, 5 of them were c/sections---4 healthy children, 1 anencephalic daughter who died shortly after birth, and one miscarriage, not in that order. At age 30 I had 4 children, from newborn to 6 years old.

Fast forward to 2016, (I turn 63 in 2 months) and 3 weeks ago I got diagnosed with Lupus. Apparently it started in 2006 when I had a horrible illness, in the hospital for a week with 105ºF (40ºC) fever, but no infection was ever found. Red face, hair loss, my toes would turn as blue as a Smurf (Raynaud's) felt like a train hit me, vomiting, diarrhea, all over acute pain, hepato-splenomegaly, you know the routine. I called my children to come because I thought I was dying.

For the past ten years I have vomited about every 2 to 3 months. Diarrhea that will last for weeks. Fevers of unknown origin, crushing fatigue, catch every bug and infection that's going round, super scratched corneas due to the Sjögrens. I've been using autologous serum eye drops for 3 years but it doesn't help too much. Esophageal motility disorder, achalasia, dysphagia, GERD, gastroparesis, bloating, nausea, rectal intussusception, hypothyroid, high blood pressure, diabetes, serial bouts with cellulitis in the hands, megaloblastic anemia, neutropenia that comes and goes, and more, but can never remember it all due to brain fog! I'm falling into pieces but now I at least know why!

~Felicity

Last edited by Felicitybird; 04-24-2016 at 10:29 AM. Reason: wanted to add megaloblastic anemia

The following user gives a hug of support to Felicitybird:
    sweetpotato13 (04-24-2016)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    dysphagia, gastroparesis, raynaud's, serum, sjogren's