It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board

• Confusion

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-31-2017, 10:31 AM   #1
    Jamilf91
    (female)

Jamilf91 HB User
    Confusion

I had an Ana test done last November. It came back 1:160 homogeneous my doc has suspected lupus for awhile. He decided to do another Ana in Feb to see if it was false. That one came back 1:160 mixed (homogeneous and speckled). I went to a rheumatologist and we found I have 7 of the 11 markers. He diagnosed a couple others along with lupus and sent me for follow blood work. He included an Ana for some reason and it said negative! Different diagnostic lab then I usually use. Now I am completely confused. What is going on?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2017, 04:02 AM   #2
    VeeJ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
    Re: Confusion

Hi. I believe these AI tests can wax and wane as one's immune system misfires, then reverts to normal behavior, then misfires... All blood labs are only a snapshot in time, really, and in the AI's, certain tests are known to fluctuate. Did he start you on meds for the diagnoses? That's the main thing, I think. Let us know how you're doing. Best wishes!

Old 04-01-2017, 10:44 AM   #3
    Jamilf91
    (female)

Jamilf91 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by VeeJ View Post
    Hi. I believe these AI tests can wax and wane as one's immune system misfires, then reverts to normal behavior, then misfires... All blood labs are only a snapshot in time, really, and in the AI's, certain tests are known to fluctuate. Did he start you on meds for the diagnoses? That's the main thing, I think. Let us know how you're doing. Best wishes!

Old 04-01-2017, 10:46 AM   #4
    Jamilf91
    (female)

Jamilf91 HB User

Yes, he started me on plaquenil and a couple other meds. I am so confused about the ana

Reply Reply